Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search for a confirmed answer, but no success.

What transmission type is there in a 4.7L Commander QT-II (export model) ? (545RFE or NAG1)

Which of these types is the Mercedes one? and where is the other one made?

How can I confirm the type of the transmission in the commander?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
I believe the Mercedes transmission is the W5A580 (NAG1) and it's only used with the 3.0 crd and the 3.7 gas engines. Not sure about the others.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
927 Posts
Jeeper64 said:
I believe the Mercedes transmission is the W5A580 (NAG1) and it's only used with the 3.0 crd and the 3.7 gas engines. Not sure about the others.
I have the 3.0ltr CRD and correct, the W5A580 is the Mercedes unit as is the engine!! Its also fitted to the 3.7ltr and SRT

The 45RFE is fitted to thr 4.7 and 5.7ltr.

Oh my god, I sound like a transmission geek!!! :eek:

Si
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UK Commander said:
I have the 3.0ltr CRD and correct, the W5A580 is the Mercedes unit as is the engine!! Its also fitted to the 3.7ltr and SRT

The 45RFE is fitted to thr 4.7 and 5.7ltr.

Oh my god, I sound like a transmission geek!!! :eek:

Si
You should be ;) as the only Commander owner with real transmissions issues.

ok, now its clear.

Is 45REF transmission a Chrysler one ? ,, and how old is it ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
927 Posts
ahmed255 said:
You should be ;) as the only Commander owner with real transmissions issues.

ok, now its clear.

Is 45REF transmission a Chrysler one ? ,, and how old is it ?
I was told on Monday this week that the 45REF is a Jeep designed unit and its used on the Grand Cherokee also....as for the age...I dont know sorry.

Si :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
927 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was a bit surprised that 545RFE transmission is not new for the XK or WK, it was used in the Grand Cherokee 2001.

also I knew that the transfer case is not new too, not even the 4.7L engine.

So it seems that the commander is mainly new body with abit old engine and drive line !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,578 Posts
Ahmed said:
So it seems that the commander is mainly new body with abit old engine and drive line !
some of that old adage: If it aint broke, don't fix it!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top