Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to find a gasket, mine has 12 bolts but gasket seem to be protruding from the bottom, i dont have my manual I have a jeep commander 2006 Hemi 5.7 with Quadra-drive ii on it. I tried looking for it online but I do not see the type I have
See the picture I only took one but it doesn’t look common. But it is leaking. You can see an orange rubber on the bottom . No noise from it
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,219 Posts
The differentials do not use a gasket - they use RTV sealant available from auto parts stores and many other places. Use the black type for oil sealing.
Like this https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-821...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

@mr.arcadian
Welcome to the forum.

The following is required of all forum members.

Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To make or modify a Signature click here for instructions - Signature - How to make or modify

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

Also post an introduction in the "New Member" section. New Member Section

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

·
Registered
Jeep commander overland edition.
6 Posts
Been trying to find a gasket, mine has 12 bolts but gasket seem to be protruding from the bottom, i dont have my manual I have a jeep commander 2006 Hemi 5.7 with Quadra-drive ii on it. I tried looking for it online but I do not see the type I have
See the picture I only took one but it doesn’t look common. But it is leaking. You can see an orange rubber on the bottom . No noise from it View attachment 44896
If u want to replace the diff cover the only person that makes diff cover replacement is steel armadillo.

·
Registered
06 Jeep commander limited 5.7 QTII black
101 Posts
See the picture I only took one but it doesn’t look common. But it is leaking. You can see an orange rubber on the bottom . No noise from it View attachment 44896
Today’s conventional thinking is to use black gasket maker no gasket that went out years ago. Try this clean it really well the take your black gasket maker and put several dots of gasket make all the way around the cover inside of the holes that is dot the inside around the bolt hole. Let dry 10 mins then stick her back on. As you tighten your cover it will cause the gasket maker to spread! You are done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
See the picture I only took one but it doesn’t look common. But it is leaking.
Hi, you get the the fulll buildsheet here (Input your VIN)

You will find all information there.

Regards from Germany

Onno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts