Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have the 2007 XK. 104,000 miles. Time has come to look for a new vehicle. What vehicle would be a good replacement for someone who was happy with the XK and all it had to offer. Looking to go new before any major problem ($$) occurs. I figure others have had to do this already.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
How about the Grand Cherokee, or a 2010 used Commander?

·
Registered
130 Posts
An 08? LOL, there is no other vehicle out there that I would prefer in its class... A rover? Hummer? Naaaaa... I would stick with the commander personally.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May I ask why you're getting rid of it?

I assume you're looking for another suv?

Sent from my Android device.
Yes, another SUV. Looking to go new...before any major problem ($$) occurs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about the Grand Cherokee, or a 2010 used Commander?
2010 XK with the Hemi.
An 08? LOL, there is no other vehicle out there that I would prefer in its class... A rover? Hummer? Naaaaa... I would stick with the commander personally.
Looking to go brand new. Should of been more clear in my post. I mean out of the available brand new vehicles which do you think would be a good replacement for someone that was very happy with the Commander?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Based off the specs in your sig..
No QDII so you're not looking for an equivalent vehicle with lockers
No lift/big tires so you're not looking to go offroad often
Sport model 4.7L so you're looking for V8 but not $$ of a Rover

... I'd take a look at the
GMC Yukon 5.3L 4x4.
Dodge Durango

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
New, ok. I would look at the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I say if you are happy with it, keep it. Even if something breaks, it's got to be cheaper than buying a new SUV.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Some people like a new vehicle every 5 or so years... nothing wrong with that. That's what keeps the auto market moving and provides some of us (like me that cant afford brand new vehicles) nice "used" options :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
when is the Grand Wagoner coming out? 2013...? Maybe that would be a great replacement...

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Not to get off topic but it bugs me a bit that they removed the ELSD on the front for the Grand Cherokee's version of QDII. I can't think of any comparable affordable vehicle with that capability. It sounds like that isn't relevant for this choice. Also, the GC will probably be better for the front two seats but less room in the cargo area.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
A substitute for the Commander? There isn't one, only lesser options. The best of them being the Tahoe; spacious, comfortable and costs about the same to own and operate.

·
Registered
370 Posts
As others have mentioned I guess it depends on what you use it for? why did you purchase the commander and what did you use it for those 104k miles?

Everyones preference/opinion will differ from your own. I suggest going to test drive some of the new SUVs or pickups. I personally love the new Grand Cherokee and I plan to convince my fiancee to buy one when we have kids :)

As someone else posted the new Wagoneer is expected to be released in 2013.:FRO:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Land Rover Defender without a doubt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts