Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Garage" theme can be for almost anything you want, start a "garage" thread and let it develope into what ever you want it to become (you don't need an actual garage).

One member has "His Driveway" because he does not have a garage, but lets try to stick with the "Garage" theme if possible (again you don't need an actual garage). You can put ANYTHING in your garage that you desire. Show us your other vehicles, you High School ride, your toys, anything you want to store in your garage. What do you think? wanna join us? Whats in your garage?

This section is for you to post up photos of your Commander (and any other vehicle in your garage) and allow members to comment on your specific vehicle.

For discussion on changes to this specific thread CLICK HERE

·
Administrator
6,240 Posts
The "Garage" theme can be for almost anything you want, start a "garage" thread and let it develope into what ever you want it to become (you don't need an actual garage).

One member has "His Driveway" because he does not have a garage, but lets try to stick with the "Garage" theme if possible (again you don't need an actual garage). You can put ANYTHING in your garage that you desire. Show us your other vehicles, you High School ride, your toys, anything you want to store in your garage. What do you think? wanna join us? Whats in your garage?

This section is for you to post up photos of your Commander (and any other vehicle in your garage) and allow members to comment on your specific vehicle.

For discussion on changes to this specific thread CLICK HERE
This is something I've been wanting to address for a while now, so, I've re-opened this sticky thread for further discussion.

I'd like to thank @a49erFan for the work he did on this forum; I'm quite certain he was instrumental in getting this forum off the ground, as well as keeping it running & organized, during the 10 years he was an Administrator here.

However, @a49erFan's time on jeepcommander.com has come to pass and he is no longer on the forum staff here; In fact, he is not even an active, participating forum member any longer - and has not been for the last 3 1/2 years.

That being said, I think it's time for the "My Garage" theme, as it's been previously written, to change.

I have long felt like "my garage" threads should be geared specifically towards our own Jeep Commanders; Where our Commanders are currently, mods/repairs/upgrades that we've completed and mods/repairs/upgrades that we have planned for the future.

The majority of forum members have done exactly that - and to those members, I applaud you.

This is the direction I'd like to see the "My Garage" sub-forum continue to follow - now and into the future.

This is a Jeep Commander specific forum; I really don't see the purpose of talking about other vehicles - or posting pictures of other vehicles - or other property, that is not Jeep Commander related.

Which leads me to the problem at hand;

There are some members here, that have went as far as posting dozens & dozens of pictures of random vehicles, that they don't even own.

I believe it's time, for that previously accepted practice to stop.

All that does is contribute a bunch of clutter to a forum, that is already difficult for some members to navigate - and it's counter-productive to the forum as a whole, in my opinion.

I'm open to the forum's input here, whether you agree or disagree, so please, fire away & share your thoughts.

I will leave this thread open for discussion for the next 30 days (until July 28th 2020) and if there isn't a significant number of objections (5 members or more), this will become the letter of the law going forward.

Thank you.

Big Blue; Form Moderator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts