Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought my Commander with everything but the oem flip down TV.I have one I can get for $90.My question is what do I need other than the TV to hook this up.I currently have the REC Navi radion as well.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
The flip down video screen interfaces with the VES dvd player which is installed behind the center console of the front seats. There is also a wire harness that plugs into the REC NAV unit right next to the large white plug. (see the photo) If you can't get a hold of the wire harness for the VES, you could always go with a LockPick as they will provide you a harness and give you VES capability on your REC NAV unit. The flip down video screen by itself wont do much.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
Ok so I bought my Commander with everything but the oem flip down TV.I have one I can get for $90.My question is what do I need other than the TV to hook this up.I currently have the REC Navi radion as well.
You will need a DVD player.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
My question is what do I need other than the TV to hook this up.
I did this install on my '06, you will need the following parts:

Monitor (what you call a tv)
DVD player (mounts to console as Phunkeydude stated)
2 different harness available at your dealer (under $200 if I remember)
braces for monitor that go under the headliner (they are inexpensive).

The hardest part of the install is droping the headliner, the rest is time consuming but not difficult.

I have a player for sale, if you need one send me a PM.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you're actually looking to receive Sirius TV in the car, you're SOL. Unless you buy a brand new head unit set up for TV, you can't add it. I've asked and tried. If you're just wanting video, you're good to go. Just wasn't sure you're exact question, and I've wanted the "TV" in mine, but can't get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts