Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plasic housing/trim that surrounds the control on the drivers seat that allows you to move the seat forwards and backwards.....and the little square piece that attatches to that that allows for servicing, I suppose......they are cracked and it just kinda hangs there. It's so bad that you can see the little gear that moves the seat back and forth when you open the door. Is that something that can be replaced? Anyone know what its called?
Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine has popped off as well but I was able to re-attach it. I had to use a larger sheet metal screw to replace the screw that helps hold it on. The old screw was stripped.

Its the ONLY thing I have had to repair on my XK in 3 years of ownership!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has popped off as well but I was able to re-attach it. I had to use a larger sheet metal screw to replace the screw that helps hold it on. The old screw was stripped.

Its the ONLY thing I have had to repair on my XK in 3 years of ownership!

Man, I wish that was all that's broken on mine since '09 when I got it, lol. Anyway, I went to the dealer and was able to purchase just the pieces that I needed....they'll be in tomorrow. It was around $45 for both pieces.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Man, I wish that was all that's broken on mine since '09 when I got it, lol. Anyway, I went to the dealer and was able to purchase just the pieces that I needed....they'll be in tomorrow. It was around $45 for both pieces.
Thanks for the reply.
Can you provide the part number(s)... I have the same problem too :(

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you provide the part number(s)... I have the same problem too :(
Sure, let me check to see if I kept the receipt and packaging.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine is breaking up as well. The plastic has broken in several places, I was going to try to epoxy it back together.

John

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I need to get those for my mom's Commander, too. Thanks for posting the part numbers

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I had to replace the driver's side seat trim on both of my Commanders. Not the piece with the seat controls but the big piece of trim. First one was under warranty the other I had to pay for and it cost me around $30 with my discount at the dealer.

One thing to be aware of my dealer parts dept needed the vin number to order the proper color trim piece.

I tried to glue them with some industrial strenght super glue I use at work and the parts would NOT stick together. So I highly doubt epoxy will work either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts