Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get some wheel adapters after I get my lift installed. I notice SpiderTrax are the popular choice to go with. They are listed as hub AND wheel centric.

There is a company in Reno, NV that makes good quality wheel adapters, but they are hub centric. Would that cause any issues? A lot of guys on the Titan forum I frequent use these.

·
Registered
142 Posts
are you sure they are NOT wheel centric as well? does it specifically say they aren't? im thinking that maybe they are and its just not mentioned. why would someone go to the trouble of making it hub but not wheel centric as well? what is the name of the place in nv? do they have a website?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the time, they actually listed both hub only and hub/wheel centric adapters on their eBay ads. It is a moot point now as they seem to only offer hub/wheel. The hub only were a bit a cheaper.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/truck/jeep_s

The hub/wheel adapters are $225 shipped (compared to $226.98 for Spidertrax through Quadratec). The price is a wash. I don't know what Spidertrax's warranty is, but BORA has a lifetime warranty.

As much as I would like adapters, Discount Tire told me they won't work on my Jeep if I have adapters.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Dont cheap out on wheel spacers. Get hub/wheel centric. Unless you dont care about your safety or the safety of others!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
All you really need to do is find a wheel you like in the right back spacing and offset and not have to worry about running spacers. Im kind of glad I dont have spacers anymore and my wheel tire combo worked out get. For the price of spacers I only paid about $150 more for my wheels and they look so much better on the Jeep then the oem.

·
Registered
370 Posts
All you really need to do is find a wheel you like in the right back spacing and offset and not have to worry about running spacers. Im kind of glad I dont have spacers anymore and my wheel tire combo worked out get. For the price of spacers I only paid about $150 more for my wheels and they look so much better on the Jeep then the oem.
Your wheels are awesome what is the brand/make? I am looking into wheels for an X-mas present.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Your wheels are awesome what is the brand/make? I am looking into wheels for an X-mas present.
I have Black Rock Series 997 steel wheels in matte black, 17x8 with 4.5 inches of back spacing. Unfortunately though, up front the wheels just made contact with the brake caliper bracket, so I had to order hub/wheel centric 1/4" spacers for them to clear.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
How much did the spacers run you? I don't want to spend over $100 each wheel and these are priced pretty well at $86
The wheel spacers cost me $100 + shipping. I got them from Fred Goeske at www.wheeladapter.com

Since the wheels didnt clear properly, I was refunded $25 per wheel which covered the cost of the wheel spacers minus the shipping. I found a wheel thats identical to the ones I have now in 17x9 with 4.25 inches of back spacing that would clear without the spacers. The only problem is since they are an inch wider they will stick farther then my current setup which means more rubbing

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yeah I wasnt to happy about having to run the spacers either. However I got the better hub/wheel centric spacers so I shouldn't ever have issues with them. These was enough threads sticking out on the lugs to secure the wheel on tight enough. I do a lot of wheeling to and so far so good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts