Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am looking at geting the Eagle Aooly Wheels Series 185 17x9 now what is the biggest size tire that I can put on it no lift and what should I go with. I live in in Oxnard, CA and most of my driving is in dry weather but in the winters I go to the mountians alot and want something that can handle the snow, ice, rain and then I want to be able to take it out and go play in some mud. What do you all recommend? One other thing is that I want to put a lift on it 3" or 4" but I dont want to buy new wheels when this get done however, I will buy new tires. So what back spacing and what not should I go ahead and buy. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Ok I am looking at geting the Eagle Aooly Wheels Series 185 17x9 now what is the biggest size tire that I can put on it no lift and what should I go with. I live in in Oxnard, CA and most of my driving is in dry weather but in the winters I go to the mountians alot and want something that can handle the snow, ice, rain and then I want to be able to take it out and go play in some mud. What do you all recommend? One other thing is that I want to put a lift on it 3" or 4" but I dont want to buy new wheels when this get done however, I will buy new tires. So what back spacing and what not should I go ahead and buy. Thanks for any help.
Without a lift, you dont have a lot of options for a bigger tire. Check out the sticky I put together in the Suspension/Tire Section as it has the answers to a lot of your questions.

Also I wouldnt run a 9 inch wide wheel until you get a lift and can fit a taller/wider tire under the commander. There not designed to be ran with a narrow tire.

Just my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts