Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 4 in lift and 285/70/r17 tire what backspace wheel (rim) do I need to look for to avoid rubbing and not need wheel spacers? Yes I’m going to do the pinch weld mod and modify any small amount of plastic wheel well I need to. My head is spinning from reading all the threads for the right wheel sizes-backspacing/offset.

If you know of some examples that work that would be great. Not looking to spend much money on wheels.

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
For a 4 in lift and 285/70/r17 tire what backspace wheel (rim) do I need to look for to avoid rubbing and not need wheel spacers? Yes I’m going to do the pinch weld mod and modify any small amount of plastic wheel well I need to. My head is spinning from reading all the threads for the right wheel sizes-backspacing/offset.

If you know of some examples that work that would be great. Not looking to spend much money on wheels.
Welcome to the forum, @prestonb03! These threads should help you with your question. Unfortunately, some of the photos are missing due to photobuckets change. But all the info is there.
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/26-wheels-tires/8393-new-here-read-thread-faqs-tires-lifts-spacers.html
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/26-wheels-tires/8575-new-wheels-here-calculators-you-need-3.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The calculator would help if I knew the stock wheel offset. I have found at least 3 different numbers on this forum and the internet. Ranging from 40 to 65.

·
Administrator
6,446 Posts

@prestonb03; 4.5 to 5.5 inches of back-spacing will get it done.

I have the 4 inch Superlift with LT285/70/17 Good Year Wrangler DuraTracs - which are 33 inch tires. My rims are American Racing AR969 Ansen Off Road Rims, (17 x 8 with 4.5 inch back spacing, 0 mm offset) and I have no rubbing at all.

·
Administrator
6,446 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts