Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 jeep commander 3.7
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 all wheel drive. It's making a whining metallic sound when I start driving from a stop and when going up a really steep hill. I don't hear it so much once I get going. I can feel it in the pedals and steering wheel. Almost sounds like nails on a chalk board but deeper. Was told by a mechanic to replace the wheel bearings the sound is coming from tge rear not the front. anymore advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated thank you

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you can feel it in the steering wheel it’s most likely wheel bearings, but to check before you condemn them, jack up each front wheel off the ground and give them a good shake and a couple spins while listening for noise. You should hear something/feel something odd.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,785 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To make a Signature click here - Signature - How to make or modify

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

Also post an introduction in the "New Member" section. New Member Section

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

·
Registered
2009 Jeep Commander limited with 5.7 HEMI 2" OME lift. CAI and some other odds and ends.
21 Posts
I had something similar recently, it turned out my front driveshaft was worn out.

Reactions: Big Blue
1 - 4 of 4 Posts