Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
in a few months i will be getting new wheels and tires along with a lift ( i will ask for recommendations in the lift section)

as of now i am debating between two brands. ATX and Fuel wheels..
i like the new ATX Ravine

the specs:
Size: 17x8.5
bolt pattern:: 5x127
Offset:10
backspace: 5.14
CB: 71.5

Pros: like the look and it is hubcentric so no need to run hub rings.

next are 2 Fuel wheels:
the first is the Fuel Anza

the specs:
Offset:6
backspace: 5
CB: 78.1

second spec option:
Offset:-6
backspace: 4.5

2nd Fuel wheel is the fuel Trophy

the specs:
Offset:6
backspace: 5

2nd option specs:Size: 17x8.5
Offset:-6
backspace: 4.5

the Fuel wheels have same specs, its just a matter of taste.
pros, like the look but never been a fan of having to run hub rings to making wheels fit.

as for the width, will this work? can i go wider or narrower? i am planning a lift as i said, either going with the RR or RC spacer lift (my jeep only has 28k miles on it) or i was looking at OME springs with bilstein shocks.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
We have very similar taste!

8.5 wide wheels with 5-5.25 backspace is the sweet spot so you're good there.

Ive never had an issue running hubcentric rings and wouldn't let that be a deciding factor.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have very similar taste!

8.5 wide wheels with 5-5.25 backspace is the sweet spot so you're good there.

Ive never had an issue running hubcentric rings and wouldn't let that be a deciding factor.
Thanks Matt, will the offset matter?
Also, if you were picking which of the 3 would you go with. Also any other recommendations? Just trying to piece things together. NYC got hit really hard with snow this winter.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no idea. Just don't want major problems with rubbing and stuff, don't want it looking wimpy either. I looked around and see people using and recommending 255/70/17 or 255/75/17. I want to do it right the first time and not waste money

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
You'll want to do the pinch weld mod regardless... go with 265/70/17. OME HD front springs, OME struts, OME rear springs and 5125 rear shocks.

If you're looking to offroad at all theres a few simple/cheap mods you can do to maximize rear travel too

·
Registered
147 Posts
So Matt is there a way to do the 2"lift, 265/70/17, pinch weld mod without using spacers?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you know what that magic number is? Is there a certain range like say 4.5-6 BS that will work? What about the offset?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You'll want to do the pinch weld mod regardless... go with 265/70/17. OME HD front springs, OME struts, OME rear springs and 5125 rear shocks.

If you're looking to offroad at all theres a few simple/cheap mods you can do to maximize rear travel too
Yea, no offroading and I have no problem doing the pinch weld. Btw. How will the ride quality be? I know from the liberty section the bilstein and oem combo was much more comfortable than the stock crap Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^hay, I will take more pictures over the weekend so you can have a look. regarding the material you can have a look on coopers website for more information.
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts