Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked in some way or another but not sure about this specific question. Anyways, I am thinking about getting a set of the MB TKO wheels from discount tire because on their eBay they have them for $100 off a set of 4 which makes them only $395 until the 15th. Right now I have the daystar 2 inch lift with 265 70 17s with stock wheels and 1.5 inch spacers. My question is if I get the wheel in a 17x8.5 with a -6 offset will they stick out any further or less than my setup now?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked in some way or another but not sure about this specific question. Anyways, I am thinking about getting a set of the MB TKO wheels from discount tire because on their eBay they have them for $100 off a set of 4 which makes them only $395 until the 15th. Right now I have the daystar 2 inch lift with 265 70 17s with stock wheels and 1.5 inch spacers. My question is if I get the wheel in a 17x8.5 with a -6 offset will they stick out any further or less than my setup now?
If I understand it correctly negative offset should push the wheel and tire out and away from the vehicle. Also the wheel is wider than stock so even more so.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393
Q: What is wheel offset and how does it effect my Commander?

A: Offset is the distance from the mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel, expressed in millimeters. Positive offset means that the wheels are pushed inboard towards the centerline of the car like a car with front wheel drive. Negative means that the wheels are moved outboard towards the fenders, widening the track

1 - 5 of 5 Posts