Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am running 265 70 17 Kenda Klever MTs on a 2 inch daystar lift and stock wheels and 1.5inch spacers but was wanting to get some new wheels soon. I like the hostile moabs a lot and was wanting to see if the would fit and everything. They come in 17x9 with the 5x127 pattern in an offset of -12. Would these fit? Would I need any spacers or anything? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
A 17x9 with -12mm off set will stick out crazy far and you'll have crazy rubbing! That's 4.5 inches of back spacing on a 9 inch wide wheel. I'm running 17x8's with 4.5 inches of back spacing and my tires/wheels sit out farther than guys running 1.5 inch wheel spacer on stock wheels. A 17x9 in +12mm offset would be a better choice

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 17x9 with -12mm off set will stick out crazy far and you'll have crazy rubbing! That's 4.5 inches of back spacing on a 9 inch wide wheel. I'm running 17x8's with 4.5 inches of back spacing and my tires/wheels sit out farther than guys running 1.5 inch wheel spacer on stock wheels. A 17x9 in +12mm offset would be a better choice
Thanks for the reply, I really like the wheels but I guess they just wont work. What would be the best setup for a 17x9 wheel as far as offset? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
+12mm or +18mm offset. Anything 0 or in the negative will push the wheel out to far. The only way it wouldn't be an issue I if you had 4+ inches of lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts