Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member here with a virgin commander but i want to beef it up a little bit. So, i started looking at the hundreds of different wheel and tire combinations for the rocky road lift and i cant decide on one. I'm getting the lift put on soon and i'm still not sure if i want to put 255/75/17's or 265/70/17's on my rig. Anyone have any opinions or comments on either of the tire sizes? I found some nitto trail graps (265) mounted on a 17x8.5 rim. I'm not sure of the offset or backspacing, as i still have to ask the seller. Which is the best setup without getting wheel spacers? Or will for sure have to buy the spacers?
PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Depends if you want the slightly wider tire or higher ride height imo. As far as spacers, if you get rims with low enough offset they will act as spacers. My rims are +10 offset and give me 1.3" of more space compared to stock, however this also puts the tire closer to the pinch weld the wider/more spaced out it is. You'll likely end up having to remold the plastic wheel well and bend over the pinch weld.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends if you want the slightly wider tire or higher ride height imo. As far as spacers, if you get rims with low enough offset they will act as spacers. My rims are +10 offset and give me 1.3" of more space compared to stock, however this also puts the tire closer to the pinch weld the wider/more spaced out it is. You'll likely end up having to remold the plastic wheel well and bend over the pinch weld.

I think im just gona wait a little bit longer and get the superlift. I think i'd have less problems considering i have the 2wd. I live in myrtle beach, i'm 18, and this is my DD, so i wont be doing TOO much offroading. I think im going for the look of the commander on the superlift webpage. Thank though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts