Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to break down and get some spidertrax spacers. I guess most of you are running the 1.25's. Looking on the sticky here when I click on the hyperlink for spidertrax 1.25 it lists 99-04 grand cherokee. Is this the one I want? I plan on modifying the pinch weld to stuff the biggest I can get....within reason.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Most of the Commander guys are using the 1.5" spacers. The 1.25" spacers are typically for the Grand Cherokee as you mentioned, but either will work. But you also mentioned the 99-04 GC - that has a different bolt pattern. You need either the 1.25" spacers for the '05 and up Grand or the 1.5" spacers for the '06 and up Commander.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Make sure you get hubcentric spacers, without the hubcentric your wheel may not mount properly. Hubcentric is a small lip on the spacer which centers the wheel when mounting it to the Jeep, the stock wheels require the hubcentric mount.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Most of the Commander guys are using the 1.5" spacers. The 1.25" spacers are typically for the Grand Cherokee as you mentioned, but either will work. But you also mentioned the 99-04 GC - that has a different bolt pattern. You need either the 1.25" spacers for the '05 and up Grand or the 1.5" spacers for the '06 and up Commander.
Actually you are wrong. The 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee has the 5 on 5 bolt pattern too. I'm running the Spidertrax 1.25 inch wheel spacers for the 99-04 Grand Cherokee's and also have installed my frineds wheels from his 99 GC on my commander.

The following vehicles have 5 on 5 bolt pattern:

1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ
2005-present Jeep Grand Cherokee WK
2006-present Jeep Commander XK
2007-present Jeep Wrangler JK

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm too late. I have a pair of 1.5's Spidertrax, that I used for about 6 months, sitting in my basement.

-Rob

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the new spacers on. Easy as pie. Rented a torque wrench from advance (gave deposit,bring it back give you money back). Looks good ,putting new tires on monday!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'm too late. I have a pair of 1.5's Spidertrax, that I used for about 6 months, sitting in my basement.

-Rob
Are you looking to get rid of them by any chance?

I put the new spacers on. Easy as pie. Rented a torque wrench from advance (gave deposit,bring it back give you money back). Looks good ,putting new tires on monday!
Just make sure you retorque the spacers after a few hundred miles. I checked mine a few days later when I was installing my brakes and they were a hair loose. Retightened them and no problems since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts