Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2 inch lift I have 255/70s. What size spacers do can I have that I don't have to change the lug nuts on my rims?

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me be more specific, the tires come within 1/4" of the lower edge of the bolt on the upper control arm, therefore my dad suggested to add wheel spacers to move the tire edge away from the edge of the bolt head. What thickness is the maximum we can use without having to change out the wheel bolts?

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Let me be more specific, the tires come within 1/4" of the lower edge of the bolt on the upper control arm, therefore my dad suggested to add wheel spacers to move the tire edge away from the edge of the bolt head. What thickness is the maximum we can use without having to change out the wheel bolts?
@Jeepgirl2001 The tires are not going to get any closer to the bolt than they already are. I used 1.25" Spidertrax spacers (they no longer make the 1.25"), but I had to use spacers because I have a lift and put on bigger tires. A lot of members use a 1.5" spacer on their lifted Commanders with bigger tires. I will say again, you do not need spacers just to increase the distance from the upper control arm bolt because there is no way they are going to touch. But if it will make you feel better to install them I would recommend 1.5" Spidertrax spacers.

·
Administrator
6,446 Posts
Never mind, we just ordered 1.5" spacer kits that eliminate that issue....
Welcome to the forum @Jeepgirl2001;

I never saw a new member introduction post from you in the new member section; Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile as driected;

Thanks & welcome aboard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts