Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think spacers make a huge difference, as far as appearance. I think the stance of a stock commander is too narrow and vertical.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Let us know if you suffer an ill side effects, so others can make a more informed choice when considering this mod.

From what I've seen posted, the Commander handles spacers up to an inch well, no one has complained of any ill side effects.

I would think its "possible" the little additional stress may wear joints on the supension or wheel bearings a little sooner, but you'll still be able to go a long while without having to replace those parts. I wouldn't be shocked at all if there isn't a noticeable shortening of the life of those parts either.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a picture posted,, and as for I'll affects I'm not worried about anything I re torque the wheels and or rotate every oil change so I'll just check the spacers too and as for more wear and tear being an inch further out I can't imagine it is any more stress than having a bigger tire or an aftermarket wheel with a bit more off set than stock, with that being said
If there does happen to be any minimal life shortening that happens down the road the ride quality and improved handling and look It has now make up for it,, but I will keep posted if there are any problems ever

·
Registered
556 Posts
Let us know if you suffer an ill side effects, so others can make a more informed choice when considering this mod.

From what I've seen posted, the Commander handles spacers up to an inch well, no one has complained of any ill side effects.

I would think its "possible" the little additional stress may wear joints on the supension or wheel bearings a little sooner, but you'll still be able to go a long while without having to replace those parts. I wouldn't be shocked at all if there isn't a noticeable shortening of the life of those parts either.
I've had them on for about three years now with stock tires and still haven't replaced anything up front, still completely stock, except the sway bar bushings and links, but they were worn before the spacers.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Autoanything.com.

They're Spidertrax and they were around $110. shipped.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have 1.5 inch spider trac spacers. I have had no problems except discount tire won't touch my wheels anymore. I put them on several years ago with maybe 40k miles. Now i have 145k miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you have to cut the studs for the 1" spacer? I know on my old TJ I had to cut the studs with anything under 1.25. I am looking at a set of Rubicon Wheels and do not want to go any bigger than 1" on the spacer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I didn't have to cut anything they fit perfect plus on the inside of the stock wheels there is actually some holes that would a low for a little bit of pertrusion of bolts if you had any.. I just put 255.75 mt tires on mine (same size as the Rubicon ) and I have no rub with the 1 inch spacers and 2" lift.. which I kno is not the case with the 1.5 inch spacers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts