Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have some dimensions of the roof detailed in my roof basket build thread here. You can go for a pretty big roof basket, but I'd stay around 48" wide and 96" long or smaller if you're going to buy one already built.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So has anyone thought about painting the back window and roof to make our jeeps look like a jk? Or even a hard top conversion or ragtop cover? Or am I mad?

·
Registered
484 Posts
So has anyone thought about painting the back window and roof to make our jeeps look like a jk? Or even a hard top conversion or ragtop cover? Or am I mad?
I haven't seen anyone paint them to look like a JK. As far as a hard top/ragtop conversion, that's going to cost you a lot of money in engineering; given the unibody construction of our Jeeps, the roof is a major structural component and removing it will lose you a lot of rigidity.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking if we did hard top would have to run a cage/roll bar if it was a possibility. This would support most of the unibody.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyway I got some before and after pics of the wheel spacers. This is a stock supsension stock rims with 1.5" spacers.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts