Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for my RR 2.25 lift to arrive in the mail.I am not sure what size tires and wheel spacers to run.I have the stock chrome clad wheels.I am gonna go with the spidertrax spacer,but not shure whether I should order the 1.25 or the 1.5 spacer.I think Pa. law says you cant be 3/4 0r 1 inch past the outer most fender point.Im not quite shure.I was wandering if anyone knew how far my tire would be from my fender if i was running 265/65/17 with a 1.5 inch wheel spacer/1.25 spacer?Where would it be running 265/70/17?I was wandering why guys are running 265/70/17 instead of 265/65/17?I would think the wider tire would be better.I just wanna get the right spacers and tires the first time round.I appreciate all help.Thanks,Joe

·
Registered
696 Posts
265/65 and 265/70 are both the same width. The width is 265mm. The 70 is taller. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. 70% of the 265 for sidewall height rather then only 65%. I also believe there are way more tire options in a 265/70 but again I may be wrong. I believe you can literally measure from the edge of your current tire out 1.25 inches and 1.5. But that wont tell you anything for the new tire size. I would measure for you but dont have spacers. Someone will have a better answer.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've run my 275/60 tires on both 1.5" and 1.25" spacers- the 275 would be a little under a quarter inch wider on each side than your 265's, and a 265/65 is only .6" larger in diameter. Here's a link to some pics of the wheels on the 1.5" spacers:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/album.php?albumid=200&pictureid=1314

Don't let the small numbers fool you, though. A quarter inch can definitely alter the appearance of the vehicle. Ultimately I traded for 1.25" spacers and really like the stance now. Hope that helps some.

·
1,993 Posts
265/65 and 265/70 are both the same width. The width is 265mm. The 70 is taller. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. 70% of the 265 for sidewall height rather then only 65%. I also believe there are way more tire options in a 265/70 but again I may be wrong. I believe you can literally measure from the edge of your current tire out 1.25 inches and 1.5. But that wont tell you anything for the new tire size. I would measure for you but dont have spacers. Someone will have a better answer.
You are correct the biggest payoff is popularity of the tire size means more options on brand and type and usually cheaper as well. Thats why I chose this tire size as well as its probably the biggest tire you can stuff in the wheel well with that lift. As far as a wider tire than that you would with out a doubt need spacers.

·
Registered
809 Posts
As far as a wider tire than that you would with out a doubt need spacers.
Not necessarily. I got the 275's in there without spacers; it was close, but nothing touched. You'd be getting into UCA bolt cutting territory, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts