Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Jeep Commander, 4.7L. Just curious, what is everyone's opinion on wheel spacers? I have heard some good things and some not so good things. I want to widen the tire base but cant afford to get all new rims and tires right now. I have a friend that had some spacers but I don't want to ruin or damage anything.

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Also, make sure you install them correctly. Be sure to follow the instructions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2007 Jeep Commander, 4.7L. Just curious, what is everyone's opinion on wheel spacers? I have heard some good things and some not so good things. I want to widen the tire base but cant afford to get all new rims and tires right now. I have a friend that had some spacers but I don't want to ruin or damage anything.
Hi l have a o7 jeep commander hemi 5.7 Q 2 just installed 2" lift and the 11/2 spacers looks and feels great be sure you get a product like rough country there spacers have a ring collar so the wheel pressure is nut riding on the studs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi l have a o7 jeep commander hemi 5.7 Q 2 just installed 2" lift and the 11/2 spacers looks and feels great be sure you get a product like rough country there spacers have a ring collar so the wheel pressure is nut riding on the studs
Thanks for the info. I'll look into that as well.

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll look into that as well.
@garcia9902, I seriously recommend that you get the Spidertrax because they have a proven safety record. Remember, you get what you pay for. And wheel spacers are no place to go cheap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@garcia9902, I seriously recommend that you get the Spidertrax because they have a proven safety record. Remember, you get what you pay for. And wheel spacers are no place to go cheap.

Hi again the big guy is right there are a lot of cheap knockoffs from china wheel spacers that are bad. I saw a video on those spacers and a hard rap from a hammer cracked the aluminum spacer. Splidertrax is more expensive and high quality no doubt but rough country are a solid unit too a lot of them are on jeeps they are a bit cheaper but good quality i did researched them before hand. Anyway best to ya garcia:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi again the big guy is right there are a lot of cheap knockoffs from china wheel spacers that are bad. I saw a video on those spacers and a hard rap from a hammer cracked the aluminum spacer. Splidertrax is more expensive and high quality no doubt but rough country are a solid unit too a lot of them are on jeeps they are a bit cheaper but good quality i did researched them before hand. Anyway best to ya garcia:)
also get the hub centric type spacers have installer apply red thread lock

·
Registered
170 Posts
Most "installers" will refuse to install the spacers due to liability concerns. Good luck, and keep us updated on your succes/failure. In my opinion, its not the spacer quality that is questionable, but the installer.

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Most "installers" will refuse to install the spacers due to liability concerns. Good luck, and keep us updated on your succes/failure. In my opinion, its not the spacer quality that is questionable, but the installer.
Spacer quality is equally as important as the installation. No matter how good the installation is, if the spacers fail due to quality issues you're screwed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Fair point, im not trying to downplay the value of manufacturing quality, but theres just way higher odds of manual failure, than with the chunk of CNC metal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts