·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
They likely will run true.
The studs will keep everything centered, but.....
The issue here is this type of spacer makes the lug studs carry the weight of the vehicle.
A hub centric spacer carries the weight at the hub center and the lug and nut keep the wheel firmly against the hub, as was their design.
So, the potential of lug shearing presents itself since these components are doing something they were never intended to do, when not using a hub centric design.
This type of spacer seems OK for light duty use (mall crawling seems to be the favored term) but for the potental of off road side loading and verticle forces punching the wheel, etc. not the best idea.
Do remember, spacers will reduce the clearance the tire has within the wheel well while turning.

Good luck,
Rob

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Id spend the extra money and go with the Spidertrax.

·
Registered
30 Posts
07 you run the 1.25" right? did you have to replace the factory studs with shorter studs? Was wondering if the extra 1/4" would give more turning clearance vs. the 1.5" but dont wanna change the factory studs

·
Registered
266 Posts
07 you run the 1.25" right? did you have to replace the factory studs with shorter studs? Was wondering if the extra 1/4" would give more turning clearance vs. the 1.5" but dont wanna change the factory studs
X2: ya that would help clear the "Hmmmm"

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i will go without the spacers first. I'm going with the Rough Country 2" lift kit. Hopefully that will level up the front. And after these tires wear out P265/70-17 tires on the stock rims. I would like thous tires to protrude out farther but am worried with turning and rubbing.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
X2: ya that would help clear the "Hmmmm"
Yes, I run the 1.25 inch Spidertrax wheel spacers. They are listed for the 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ. I didnt have to replace the studs. The wheel spacers were direct bolt on.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I run the 1.5inch Spidertrax spacer, you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Just how far the wheels stick out past the fenders. 1.25" will have them flush with the fenders.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I think i will go without the spacers first. I'm going with the Rough Country 2" lift kit. Hopefully that will level up the front. And after these tires wear out P265/70-17 tires on the stock rims. I would like thous tires to protrude out farther but am worried with turning and rubbing.
You need to get extra 1/4 or 1/2 inch spacers with the Rough Country 2" if you want it to be level. Not sure what ones you need. But I do know you need them. Mine does not sit level.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so I decided to go with spacers when it's lifted. Like I said before I had the Spidertrax wheel spacers on my 04 Liberty. I ordered these off ebay last week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALUMINUM-WHEELS-SPACER-KIT-JEEP-COMMANDER-5x5-LUG_W0QQitemZ290366019823QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439b29d8ef

They are 1.25" wide, hub centric bore and wheel centric flange, made out of 6016 aluminum. What you see in the pictures is what the product looks like. I just received mine this morning and plan on putting them on this weekend. Other than the Spidertrax being blue anodized, the quality appears to be the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok so I decided to go with spacers when it's lifted. Like I said before I had the Spidertrax wheel spacers on my 04 Liberty. I ordered these off ebay last week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALUMINUM-WHEELS-SPACER-KIT-JEEP-COMMANDER-5x5-LUG_W0QQitemZ290366019823QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439b29d8ef

They are 1.25" wide, hub centric bore and wheel centric flange, made out of 6016 aluminum. What you see in the pictures is what the product looks like. I just received mine this morning and plan on putting them on this weekend. Other than the Spidertrax being blue anodized, the quality appears to be the same.
I think Dnice was referring to the spacers that sit on top of the struts when you install the RC lift. I just installed my lift last week and overall I am happy with it, but the front still slopes down a bit. I am considering adding the spacers, but that would basically mean doing the front install all over.

Either way, its still better than stock.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I think Dnice was referring to the spacers that sit on top of the struts when you install the RC lift. I just installed my lift last week and overall I am happy with it, but the front still slopes down a bit. I am considering adding the spacers, but that would basically mean doing the front install all over.

Either way, its still better than stock.
Yes he was referring to spacers on the struts, I have Rusty's coming in the mail for the leveling issues.

I need to be more clear sometimes when I write a response. I was getting back to Wheel Spacers and was giving info on the ones I am going to install. They are just like Spidertrax with hub centric and wheel centric bores. The only difference I see is Spidertrax spacers are blue anodized and these are not anodized.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Update I put these wheel spacers on today and I couldn't tell the difference between putting these on vs. the Spidertrax I put on my Liberty a few years ago. I would say the quality is right up there with the Spidertrax, minus the anodizing. $60 cheaper for a set of 4.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I searched the tire/lift threads but can't find a definitive answer on the subject.

Are there any rubbing issues running the RC lift with 255/70/17's? In my case, I am running the Firestone Destination AT.

I want to add the 1.5 Spidertrax spacers but don't want to trim anything due to rubbing.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I searched the tire/lift threads but can't find a definitive answer on the subject.

Are there any rubbing issues running the RC lift with 255/70/17's? In my case, I am running the Firestone Destination AT.

I want to add the 1.5 Spidertrax spacers but don't want to trim anything due to rubbing.
255/70/17s will not rub with any 2" lift with or without wheel spacers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts