Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all wheel spacers created equal?? Rough country by the pair is $60 but found some much cheaper options, particularly on eBay.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wheel spacers definitely aren't created equal. Since they connect your wheels to your car, they're something you probably don't want to cheap out on.

When shopping for spacers, make sure they're both hub centric and wheel centric. This will ensure that your wheels are centered properly.

Also consider the quality of the metal used. I've seen cheaper brands have their studs shear.

If you're looking for a reputable brand, Spidertrax is the way to go. They're very well built and will hold up well. I bought a set used 3 years ago and they're still perfect.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have passed too many trucks stuck on the road...Not off the road or off roading .... with broken wheel spacers. Don't go cheap.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
I would recommend Spidertrax wheel spacers. That is the brand used most often by members of this forum and they are off-road proven. I have had them on my Commander for 8 years now with no problems. As Creek said don't go cheap on spacers or it could end up bad.
http://www.spidertrax.com/products/2006-Up-Commander-XK

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would recommend Spidertrax wheel spacers. That is the brand used most often by members of this forum and they are off-road proven. I have had them on my Commander for 8 years now with no problems. As Creek said don't go cheap on spacers or it could end up bad.
http://www.spidertrax.com/products/2006-Up-Commander-XK

I wanted some on inch or less.. and didn't find any from spidertrax.. less than 1.5..

any brand suggestions for 1.0 inch spacers?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are the Spidertrax good cause they’re the most expensive? Wonder how they stack up with the rough country.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
Are the Spidertrax good cause they’re the most expensive? Wonder how they stack up with the rough country.
No, they are good because of the quality. There are more expensive brands.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
I agree with Jeep5253 - I just bought some 1.25" spacers for my WK2 from Motorsport Tech / BORA (same company) - and they are of equal quality to the SpyderTrax spacers I had on my XK. You can special order any size/width you want, they make them in-house, and engrave your invoice number on the side of the spacer.

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings for your car! | Motorsport Tech

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought mine from Ebay from 1stpowertech. They are billet 6061 hub centric that are blue anodized and come with 10.9 studs. I currently have 4000 miles on them city, high way and about 2000 off road. No different than any other 6061 billet spacer except for being 1/3 the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts