Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a RC 2" on my commander tomorrow and getting new tire next saturday. the tires im getting are 265/70/17. And I just bought MB Chaos wheels 17x9.5 with a 24mm offset. I'm wondering if this combo will work without major rubbing? I checked the calculator and it said it would work but i'm wondering if anyone has any first hand experience, pics would be awesome as well. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Are you sure the wheels arent 17x9?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done-ish

I looked at the inside of the wheel and it said 17x8.5. The outside width is what I measured with a tape. I bought them off CL. Anyways I got them on yesterday and they fit fine without the spacers with no rubbing. However, I wanted them to stick out further so i installed the spacers and they rub in the fender well now during turns. I'm going to alter the fender well and keep the spacers. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
done

here are some more pictures of before and after. I'm not sure why they are upside down but you get the idea. yes the bumper is jacked. my wife decided to crush some lady two days after the lift was put on. it is getting fixed this week. then i'm going to cut the new bumper to fit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Ok that makes more sense. Yeah, the wheel with is measure from inside to inside of the lip. They look good! What size wheel spacers are you using? I posted in your other thread about the front bumper. I love how mine turned out. Im sure there are threads around here that show a more close up pic of the bumper. Search Sal-XK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts