Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace my starter on my 2006 commander (HEMI). I have disconnected the drive shaft, and I am trying to get the wheel well liner off so I can get to the wires. How do you remove all of these plastic rivets that are holding on the liner? I can not figure it out.

thanks,

Gary

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Not sure. If they are like the ones that hold the mudflaps on you have to cut them. I dont know how you would replace them. The molded mudflaps I got came with replacement screws and clips.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I am trying to replace my starter on my 2006 commander (HEMI). I have disconnected the drive shaft, and I am trying to get the wheel well liner off so I can get to the wires. How do you remove all of these plastic rivets that are holding on the liner? I can not figure it out.

thanks,

Gary
You have to use a drill and drill out the center of the rivet. If you look at the plastic rivets, you will see a small circle in the middle. Use a drill bit a little larger then the size of that circle. Once the rivets are drilled out you can either pop it out with a screw driver ot pull them out with a pair of pliers. Just be careful not to scratch the paint on the flare. Then you have to replace the plastic rivets to reinstall the liner. They sell the rivets at your local Napa Auto Parts store in a box of 20 for around $7. Part # 770-2871 The dealer sells the rivets individually for like $6 a piece.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum 1stSgt... Retired Gunny here... Retired last year...

Semper Fi and Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yeah I forgot to mention you need the rivet tool also. Its not that expensive and they sell it at napa too. I think I bought mine online from napa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts