Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find this by searching so I'm not sure if the question has already been asked. If so, I apologize.

I am working on clearing my front wheel wells to completely avoid rubbing with my 255/75R17 BFG MTs. I would like to move the sensor and wires that are on the rear wall on both sides. Does anyone know what these are and is there any reason why I can't move them? I'd like to put them higher under the what's left of the liner after I'm done cutting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I figured out (from a Mercedes parts catalog) that it is the Wireless Control Module for the TPMS. Still need to know if I can re-locate it without screwing up its functionality. Anybody have any experience relocating these?

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
OK I figured out (from a Mercedes parts catalog) that it is the Wireless Control Module for the TPMS. Still need to know if I can re-locate it without screwing up its functionality. Anybody have any experience relocating these?
I believe this is the first mention of these on the Forum.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
You should be able to move them without disrupting the signal from the TPMS. As long as you keep them within the same proximity to the tire they will still work.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You should be able to move them without disrupting the signal from the TPMS. As long as you keep them within the same proximity to the tire they will still work.
I would agree with this statement, worse case you have to move them closer.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
pictures please. i have my wheel well covers out, but i have never looked for it.
It used to be attached to those two screw-holes to the right of that big hole you welded shut... It's about 2 inches by three inches rectangular and has a wire harness coming off the bottom. I don't have a clear picture because I just zip-tied a piece of the liner to cover it to protect from rocks.

Here's yours without the sensor...

and mine covered to protect from rocks and road junk...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
This picture shows the tire pressure monitoring sensor module in the wheel well after the plastic liner was cut. The guy is hammering down the pinch welds. The module is circled in white.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts