Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I don't have the resources to by a lift and better tires but still crave going off road due to the fact I live in a great area for it. I came across a muddy area and unearthed a rock about 18 inches high. While backing up (I don't have extra armor and didn't want to drag it below the whole underside) I mangled my bumper. Now I wanted a new bumper anyway, especially the South African one that is so flush (White Jeep on an earlier exterior mod thread shown below) Funds are scarce because I live in a area that has few high paying jobs.

Any suggestions or comments?:killtard::mofo::sick::cowfrown:

Attachments

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
You live in Colorado, you sport Illinois plates, and you dream of a South African bumper. The is a story in here, somewhere. :eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
SacredNoobGoat, seriously, dude, what's the brand of that bumper?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Lets get Doc to re-create it...

Me, you, Sal and A49er?? :eek:rangehat:
Heck yea, I'll throw down! I wonder what the per-unit cost would be on a 10 unit order?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Those SA (Maniac4x4) bumpers are about $5k for the front and rear--and that is a group buy! Stone Soup's (Doc's) rear bumper is about $1300 plus shipping. Even though both my front and rear stock bumpers are pretty trashed from wheelin, I will have to wait awhile to save up after a Superlift and new wheels/tires, or I would be right there in the market.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your thoughts?

Those SA (Maniac4x4) bumpers are about $5k for the front and rear--and that is a group buy! Stone Soup's (Doc's) rear bumper is about $1300 plus shipping. Even though both my front and rear stock bumpers are pretty trashed from wheelin, I will have to wait awhile to save up after a Superlift and new wheels/tires, or I would be right there in the market.
Thanks, now I know who manufactures them. I could never justify/be able to spend %25 of what my Jeep is worth on bumpers, now %10 or little higher, yes. Anyone know how to recreate that bumper? I will throw down in a group effort for that is the best looking bumper (My Opinion) there has been on a Commander. Doc has made amazingly well designed and quality bumpers for 49er and Huey, I just don't like the shelf look. It took me awhile to get used to the stock bumper as it was. I love the Commander because of its boxyness, the suspension (I mean lets face it, I want to raise it and will, but I've done some pretty cool stuff off road right out of the dealership), the Hemi engine, The storage capacity and its huge size.

A49er, Huey, Sal, Cico, Ahmed, and others here have given me the knowledge and the instruction to form this new awesome hobby. Thank you folks!

This dilemma of finding a rugged, form fitting practical expedition bumper has me stumped. What makes it worse is that out there in Chaka Zulu lad lies the answer but %5 grand is, few, a lot for me!

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sal, good job on your modded bumper! It looks like you followed the lines of the bumper. What tools did you use to cut/shape it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts