Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been active on the board in awhile. My commander has been sitting mostly. I did decide to buy some wheels and add chrome door handle and mirror trim. The wheels are the usual SRT8 variety and they fit the commander well. Anyway here are a few pics and a before/after collage

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I haven't been active on the board in awhile. My commander has been sitting mostly. I did decide to buy some wheels and add chrome door handle and mirror trim. The wheels are the usual SRT8 variety and they fit the commander well. Anyway here are a few pics and a before/after collage

@srad2drag; Good to see you posting again, the wheels look really good.

Please do me a favor & update your user profile in accordance with the below forum Sticky announcement that was posted about a year and a half ago; Thanks a bunch.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/42-exterior-appearance-mods/announcements.html

ATTENTION All Forum Members - Mandatory Requirement: Update your User Profile Information.

There are some new questions pertaining specifically to your Commander that have been added to your user profile to be answered. YOU SHOULD LOG-IN FROM A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER. There are Member Profile Questions that must be answered with profile fields that must be filled out; They are easily accessed & viewed if you are logged in from a desktop or laptop computer - IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO VIEW ALL OF THE PROFILE QUESTIONS / FIELDS IF YOU ARE LOGGED IN ON A SMART PHONE USING THE MOBILE VIEW APP.

Your answers will display all of your Commander's information below your avatar like this:

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
2WD or 4WD: 4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 86,500

To update your profile, click on your username above your avatar and select the "View Public Profile" tab and click on "About Me" and you will see the questions that need to be answered pertaining to your Commander's information.

Please take the time to update your profile when you have a spare minute, so, the newer members will know what kind of Commander (Model Year, Trim Package, Power-Train, 2WD or 4WD; 4WD system; etc.) that you are driving.

Update: this sticky announcement has been posted in every single sub-forum for over a year & a half now and I'm still seeing members that have not complied. This is a mandatory requirement for all forum members - failure to update your user profile in accordance with forum rules will be followed up with disciplinary action, up to and including the possibility of being permanently banned from the forum for violation of forum rules.

These rules have been put in place for a purpose, please follow them accordingly. Thank you.

Big Blue; Forum Moderator.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
In my continuing quest to de-off road my Jeep Commander (OMG,OMG, yes I know).. I purchased and installed some Mopar lowering springs. These spring drop the front 3/4 inch and the rear 1.5 inches. Basically the kit just evens out the ride height front to rear.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
In my continuing quest to de-off road my Jeep Commander (OMG,OMG, yes I know).. I purchased and installed some Mopar lowering springs. These spring drop the front 3/4 inch and the rear 1.5 inches. Basically the kit just evens out the ride height front to rear.
I think it looks good; Nice work,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have the part numbers for the lowering kit you got? That's the look I am shooting for with my 2wd limited. Thanks. Yours looks great

·
Registered
128 Posts
yaaa, after lowering, it actually doesn't look that bad! the larger wheels def help bring it together. How does it ride with the different springs?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yaaa, after lowering, it actually doesn't look that bad! the larger wheels def help bring it together. How does it ride with the different springs?

Actually I cant really tell a difference, since the springs are progressive rate. I feel if I had of went with greater drop the ride would've suffered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts