Jeep Commander Forum banner

When you Detail, do you detail the roof?

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the weekend doing the Fathers Day Detail on the Jeep. Wash, Clay Bar, Polish, Wax. Got to wondering, when people do detail, do they pay as much attention to the roof as the rest of the vehicle? I do.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Yes, I pay more attention to it since it receives the most abuse from the elements.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I always wipe off the door jambs, inner door, and tailgate at each wash after I've dried off the vehicle. It's amazing how many people never clean those areas on a vehicle. Takes so little time to give it that finishing touch and add years to the life of your ride.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
alagTauby said:
I'm 18 and I've had both of my wrists and neck tattooed. I chose to have small ones on my wrists and my neck is easily covered with long sleeves and a shirt collar if I need it to be. One of my friends, however, has two really big pieces on each side of his neck and a really big piece on his hand. He hardly has any coverage at all and I didn't see the logic behind it at all, all I see is him wanting people to notice it. I'm an artist and I see it all as art whereas most people now my age see them as fashion accessories, something that won't mean anything to them in later life and they'll probably regret but for now it's cool and will make them popular. I've never rushed into one that I have got but some people I've met just pull designs of the internet and go to a tattoist the next day and get it done without any thought.
In the past three months I've designed three tattoos for myself, with plans for a fourth but I haven't rushed into it because I'm thinking about where I should get it, who will do it and will I like it in the future? I scrapped one idea because I felt differently about it after two weeks, I'd just hate to imagine what an idiot I would have felt if I'd rushed into that!
xo
Wrong thread! :)

As for me, I haven't "detailed" mine just yet. Just given it a few baths. With my roof rack on, I can't really get to the roof to wash it, so I just give it a good blast with the "power" setting of the nozzle. But I've had the rack off for about a month or so now, and I've given it a bath since and scrubbed the top real good. I agree with everyone else though. It gets the most abuse from the elements, so it really is a good idea to take your most care with it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not to mention the water spots on the sunroofs looks bad from inside!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts