·
Registered
176 Posts
it looks pretty sick if you ask me...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You came up with the photo, what information was with it? Where is the photo from?

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
I'm assuming those are the new HIDs that are on the 2009 models. So in theory you can order them from the dealer if you want to spend big $$$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think the projector housing itself should be under $600 but if the whole kit cosists of the HID ballast and bulb, maybe it may run up to $1000? I have called my local Jeep dealer and they couldn't find that part for the 09 commander. Maybe it is an aftermarket brand but I couldn't find any info on the web.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I should probably ask the parts manager at my work if he can find out the price. I'll do it on Monday if I'll remember.

Just need a VIN of an 09 Commander with a projector headlight.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's interesting that HID is a $500 option on the '09 Commander. Not too shabby when buying new.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ha! Have you ever checked the price of a OEM wheel on just about any vehicle at the parts counter? It's usually a couple hundred percent higher than it has any right to be. This has always confounded me since it seems like they could make some money if they didn't scare people away with a 3500 dollar price for four wheels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it looks like they use an osram HID kit but the actual housing is a Sylvania (if you look closely. either way, it looks nice without the projector.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The housing looks like the same shape and all, but I would like to know if it can mount properly into a 2006-08 model. Once someone can confirm they can fit into the older XK, that's where I'll be spending my tax return money.

The wiring won't be compatible. Plus, we don't need leveling sensors and stuff as long as the are properly aimed.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2009 Commander that has the factory HID headlights, do they have projectors? If I remember correctly, there is a member that has an 2009 with HIDs and his does not have projectors. I have been searching and searching for the pictures he posted, but I can't find them.

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
I have the 2008 Sport.....HID's came installed....so they certainly will fit/work on those models
The only way your 2008 has HIDs is if you bought it used and the previous owner installed them. HIDs were not available as an option until the 2009MY.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
like this?>

I have the 2008 Sport.....HID's came installed....so they certainly will fit/work on those models
probably aftermarket...like mine.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 100 Posts