Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to flagpole/meadow knob a few times but I feel like i've mastered the trail. I'm looking for anything nearby or within a few hours from that trail. I'm looking for something around the same difficulty maybe a tad bit more difficult. I'm going to be putting on new tires and a lift kit soon and wanna test em out.

The websites for GWNF don't really explain where any trails are or how to get to the ones know about and trails.com shows nothing in VA. I've heard of peters mill run and taskers gap but the videos of those trails look like they're busy with dirt bikes and ATV's and they look like rocky dirt roads. I like how flagpole has a creek crossing and a few rocks to climb .

Where can I go that's going to keep me on my toes and really put the Commander to use?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You're limited. The GWNF is not geared toward off roading. Over in the Harrisonburg area they have closed many trails due to them being in the water shed area for the city. Hook up with a Jeep owners group, NovaJeepers, SouthSideJeeps, or someone. There are some trails down around Crabtree Falls but thats a little ways from you. There is a privately owned off roading area and club in Crozet, outside Charlottesville but its for rock crawlers. Then there is BigDogs in Gore Va.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Daily Drivers Jeep Club

For Virginia events, check out Daily Drivers Jeep Club on Facebook. We are based out of Virginia. While we do Flag Pole several times a year, we also do other things too. Several members just went to Rauche Creek PA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts