Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fender flares? ive seen them on alot of the commanders and they really do ALOT for the cars looks. where can i get them? can i buy them painted in my color? also wheres the cheapest place to get them? do they go on with double sided tape? please and thank u!

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Your Commander doesn't have any fender flares ? They come from the factory with them.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
hmmm...must be a package deal? can you please help me find out where i can get them? thanks!
No, they are not a package deal. Fender flares are part of the Commander. Some are plain and some have the fake chrome allen bolts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they are not a package deal. Fender flares are part of the Commander. Some are plain and some have the fake chrome allen bolts.
nope. i see alot of commanders on the road with out them. where can i order the ones with the bolts?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
What year model is your Commander ? And where do you live that you are seeing all these Commanders that don't have fender flares ?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
my girlfriends car. you see, no flares..what gives?

EDIT: 2006 4.6 ENGINE
I don't know what you are talking about. The Commander in the pics you posted has fender flares.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I don't know what you are talking about. The Commander in the pics you posted has fender flares.
Holy mackerel Jackie chan, your killing meeee! I'm taking about those thing I see with the bolts that go on the fender flares..where do I get those? I'll post a pic up.....

http://cache.vehicleassets.captivelead.com/stock_photos/8466_large.jpg

http://www.google.com/m/search?q=jeep+commander+flares&pbx=1&aq=f&oq=&aqi=-k0d0t0&fkt=3230&fsdt=13441&cqt=&rst=&htf=&his=&maction=&site=images&gl=us&source=mog&csll=&action=&ltoken=1b6641dc#i=3

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I'm with Jackie Chan, didn't understand your question....

What year is her XK? You might try eBay or lkq.com

Someone else will have to help on how to install....I am sure it isn't just
A snap on part....

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
You are talking about the flares with the fake allen head bolts. Initially, they were standard on the Limited and Overland, but then became an option - called exterior appearance, along with the rear grab handles on the Limited, always std on the Overland. They are held on with 3 different types of clips, and are a direct replacement for the plain flares already on your Jeep. All said and done, parts, paint and labor is around $2,000. You best bet would be a salvage yard and have them repainted to match your jeep. I do not know if any of the 3 types of clips are reusable. The fake allen bolts are a 2 pc plastic part that just snap into the holes - they do not actually hold the flare on. They are only for looks. Hope this helps. :eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Looks like I'm gunna pass. And yes, thank you.
Do you see why I didn't understand what you were talking about ? Your girlfriend's Commander DOES have fender flares it just doesn't have the ones with the fake bolts. You were saying it didn't have ANY fender flares.

·
Registered
104 Posts
and to clarify - the plastic flares with or without the fake bolts cover the exact same amount of the tire...

No functional difference, just looks and nothing more.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Holy mackerel Jackie chan, your killing meeee! I'm taking about those thing I see with the bolts that go on the fender flares..where do I get those? I'll post a pic up.....

http://cache.vehicleassets.captivele...8466_large.jpg

http://www.google.com/m/search?q=jee...n=1b6641dc#i=3
This is the most interesting misunderstanding i've ever seen... like saying the sky is blue, just to hear the other party say NO, it's not blue, IT'S BLUE!

Not sure if you're totally out of your mind BMP, but look at the fenders from your G/F's car, and then open the second (google) link you posted... they are EXACTLY the same.

·
Registered
542 Posts
LOL, give the guy a break. I knew what he was refering to after a couple of posts.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Could be wrong but I think they are held on by the plastic rivits
There are actually 3 different types of plastic rivets that hold the flares on. These rivets are compatible with both styles of flares. The fake, chrome plastic, allen heads are for looks only. There are white plastic fittings that go into the holes in the flairs, but not through the fender/door sheet metal. The allen bolts are then pushed into these fittings - friction holds them in place. :eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
For the record when this thread is read in the future, the title was changed after the posting had begun. The original title was something like "Where do I get fender flares?" and did not mention the fake bolts.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I almost hate to ask.........but I want to take my flares off to paint tham a different color. What will I need to put them back on? Is the dealer the only place to get the little plastic pop rivets? Or do those little 1/4" ones you can see on the inside of the door even hold the flare on? I'm pretty sure I can re-use the big push pin ones along the lower edge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts