Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 06 w/ Boston Acoustics System (REF) in-dash....I am installing a NAV unit...Where is the amplifier?

·
Registered
451 Posts
LDC I want to add a sub just to give it a little more hit. Really don't want to sacrifice any room in the passenger compartment. (Family of 6) Any ideas where I could stash one. You seem like your the Audio guy... Sorry but I havent tore the interior apart yet....
- JJ

·
Registered
451 Posts
OK....
LCD Thanks for the input! Unfortunatly I'm desperatly trying to find some Tires as I lifted my XK last weekend. The Hercules I wanted are on nationwide backorder to the tune of 3500 units. They have a mold issue. I can't wait to January to get my tires. The snow will be here soon. I guess the sound will have to wait, but I like your ideas and as soon as I have new skins on Commando I'll prioritize the bass!

·
Registered
343 Posts
RedCommander said:
Thought the question had been answered. What do you want us to say, "Gee, I don't know, good question."?

hmmmm... based on the above posts that had nothing to do with the title, i thought that this thread had evolved to more than a "where's the amp" thread.

my point is that most people just take ideas from the forum and dont ever say hey thanks for the idea, or hey thats cool ill try that... or mabye offer an alternative suggestion, instead they say nothing, and the forum is dead with mabye a few active topics on luggage racks and mud tires..

with as many members as this site has it could be alot more active

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I found It..

I purchased a new dash NAV bezel from Ebay for $89.00...I am installing the new Sony XAV-W1 DVD touchscreen....Next on the list are new MB Quart Door speakers and 2 Rockford Fosgate amps fan cooled mounted under the 3rd row seating.....PICS are soon to come.........You will all enjoy...Thanks for everyones help on the other threads.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sure will, This will help everyone

Basically, the 3rd row has a volume of 14"w x 7"d x 3.75"h...(3rd row up or down)....I am building 2 plywood enclosures....yes the amps are deeper than this so: I am relocating the jack and tool bag that are under the rear compartment.....I am cutting out rectangles to allow the boxes to fit in and under the seats......enclosures will be fan cooled and wiring will be secure...........I understand this is hard to explain through text ....I will post pics soon.............If anyone is interested in amplifier options for the Commander.......Take a look at the new Sony low profile amps and the new series Rockford Fosgate amps...These dimensions will accommodate. Amplifier height is the biggest problem we have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts