Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to the site. I just picked up an 07 Commander. I am looking to put a lift and some sort or front bumper/brush guard/bull bar

I just wanted to know what the best place and company is to get this from. I have been on the AEV site many times but they dont seem to have much for the commander. any thoughts . . . thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Try doing a search of the forum, lots of good info. If its built for a Commander, someone here has tried it, and posted pics.
Welcome!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the site

I have an Aries bullbar. I believe Romik makes one as well. The downfall to this is I lost my tow hooks to put this on so if your doing serious offroading where you need the front hooks this may not be for you. But this is a start. I love mine it is sturdy and it is a great mounting point for my Hella driving lights. Heres the link to mine and another member that fabricated some D rings on front in place of his hooks. Another of my future mods is to fab up a way to put my tow hooks back on. I that would look pretty good to have the chrome hooks under there.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2496&highlight=aries

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3576&highlight=aries

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Ripper said:
yea I called ARB, i hope they decide to make one
Here's what I received from them yesterday:

We have requested that Australia build a bar for the XK. I do not know what the status is as far as a timeline or where they are at in the process, but we have asked for it. Please keep in mind that it will take some time before we see a bar for the truck, first engineering time must be allotted, then an engineer will spend several weeks designing, fine tuning and testing the bar, building a prototype and fitting it up. What this means is that when it's done you can be certain it will work correctly, not alter the airbag operation and provide a solid mounting point for a winch, but it does take some time. The good news is I think it's going to happen and the Commander should look awesome with a Bullbar fitted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts