Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe they're called kick panels? I'm not sure, but mine need to be replaced, they're pretty much the only thing wrong with my Commander and I'd like to replace them, so I wanted to ask where to get them third party before I went to the dealership.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Try ebay or a salvage yard.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Maybe they're called kick panels? I'm not sure, but mine need to be replaced, they're pretty much the only thing wrong with my Commander and I'd like to replace them, so I wanted to ask where to get them third party before I went to the dealership.
I know exactly what you are talking about; the only thing I have ever seen third party is the metal rock-rails that actually mount underneath them;

Jeep Commander Rock Rails – Mopar #82209896 #82209896-ship

As far as the factory black plastic molded kick-plates themselves, I think the only place you will be able to get new replacements is from the dealership.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both!

Since I don't want to spend that kind of money, I guess I'll be calling a salvage yard or going to the Jeep dealer. Thank you!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to buy bed liner spray from Advanced Auto and pull these, scuff them and then spray them. I think it will look good and be durable.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think they're called door guards. protect your doors if you open them too hard or other ************ opening their doors too hard.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm not sure if you've tried to pull them yet, but they're held on by small plastic tabs that tend to break, so you'll want to be very careful if you want to reuse them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
/i haven't done it yet, I hope to do it tomorrow since I'm off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You push the little center piece to get the plastic rivets off correct? I can't get a single one off. I may just break them all off and use black zip ties to put it back on, they are loose anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts