Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone who has installed a lockpick tell me where you mounted the unit itself. I pulled the Mygig and while plugging it in is a breeze, there is not enough room to put the unit itself. I have a 2010 Commander

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I routed my parts and plug and play connectors behind (towards the firewall) and down towards the floor board on the drivers side, so I can have access to some of the connectors etc. Is yours the V3 ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I routed my parts and plug and play connectors behind (towards the firewall) and down towards the floor board on the drivers side, so I can have access to some of the connectors etc. Is yours the V3 ?
I actually got the new model.

By behind do you mean actually on the backside of the radio for the unit itself.

Any photos that you could share of where you have the connectors coming out would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Any photos that you could share of where you have the connectors coming out would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry no photos, other readers can lean from my mistakes, like take photos of their projects as they do them.

I'm not in the vicinity of my vehicle and can't check it for you, but what I can remember ( I installed mine in a year ago) i stuffed it and the harness's in openings that eventually lead "down" behind the drivers side of the dash and I can reach up from the floorboard behind the center dash to some of my connectors I need. I also have their audio+video input/output cable. I did tape together connections that I knew I couldn't easily reach, just in case they vibrated apart or I got carried away pulling on things (no pun intended) and accidentally unplugged one.

I won't be able able to check for you and get more precise details or photos for a while, but I know other members have the lockpick and perhaps they can come to your (and my ha..) rescue .

I like the update capability yours came with..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Col. Snow...

I sent you a couple of PM's. My V3 is mounted in my glovebox on the left hand side. You can velcro it on the vertical side of the glove box and fish the wires from it to the radio via the hole in the back of the glove box to the dash radio console area. It is clean and can be accessed to use the USB for updates, or remove easilly to update in your home.

I will take a few pictures and post them... It was too cold and dark to do this AM !!!

Chuck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got it installed, thanks to the help of replies to my post.

The problem now is that it does not work correctly. There apparently is a problem with the new Lockpick and Sirius Backseat TV. I have just contacted Coastaltech. I will update what happens here.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I don't have the V.3 and didn't have to consider having access to the box after I installed mine for usb updates. Teck support did get back to me with a question I had once, even called me.. but it took them 1 1/2 weeks. Good luck ,I have not had any problems with mine (yet).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mine was intermmitently "backing out", but ony in between ignition cycles. Very strange... but since I fixed a loose wire to my rear LCD's, it has been fine (knocking on wood).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am installing my lockpick tonight, great to find this thread about where to install it, I noticed a hole in the back of the glovebox and will route my wires through it. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I put mine behind the glovebox. When you drop the glovebox there is a nice flat spot with a brace. Mine fit nice right on the flat spot. There is more then enough wire to reach up to the radio.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put mine behind the glovebox. When you drop the glovebox there is a nice flat spot with a brace. Mine fit nice right on the flat spot. There is more then enough wire to reach up to the radio.
How did you attach the box? I have the CHR550 I assume I will have to use velcro, right now it is just sitting in the glove box with the iPod cable running out through the heater vent.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
How did you attach the box? I have the CHR550 I assume I will have to use velcro, right now it is just sitting in the glove box with the iPod cable running out through the heater vent.
Well I just stuffed it in there! It has been wedged in the spot for 4 months with no problem. Just took this snap 5 min ago for ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts