Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering which 4WD system our Commander has. (it's got the 4-lo switch but no Quadra Trac/Drive badging)

(pic of tailgate emblem)

(pic of shifter bezel area)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks like QT II

Rob
I was going to guess the same. You can always email Jeep, from their website, asking for the build sheet to confirm.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've got the exact same set up. It's QII, though I'm not sure what the Quadra Drive set up is.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Jeep did offer the QDII in the sport as an option. The limited did not have the QTII as an option, I think.... If it is a limited then it has the QDII, If it is a sport then it most likely has a QTII but it could have the optional axle upgrade.
QTII - Full time 4WD with Low range and traction controll
QDII - Full time 4WD with Low range and Electronic Limited-Slip Differentials

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right on thanks guys. it is a Sport, and I was just wondering.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Jeep did offer the QDII in the sport as an option. The limited did not have the QTII as an option, I think.... If it is a limited then it has the QDII, If it is a sport then it most likely has a QTII but it could have the optional axle upgrade.
QTII - Full time 4WD with Low range and traction controll
QDII - Full time 4WD with Low range and Electronic Limited-Slip Differentials
QDII - Full time 4WD with Low range and Electronic Limited-Slip Differentials and full hit traction control.

its a stonking bit of kit and some XJ owners with extreme mods have been embarrassed by me in my unmodded commander

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
just wondering which 4WD system our Commander has. (it's got the 4-lo switch but no Quadra Trac/Drive badging)

(pic of tailgate emblem)

(pic of shifter bezel area)

Yours is QT-II,,, as it has 4low and no "Quadra-Drive-II" badge on the shifter bezel

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
That's a new one for me...! Would someone translate that into English, please? (Just teasing! :rofl:)
A stonking piece of kit...is like a sweet ### on a beautiful woman!!! :)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
A stonking piece of kit...is like a sweet ### on a beautiful woman!!! :)
Oops....Looks like I used a really bad word, sorry if I've offended anyone!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a 2007 Limited. I pulled out the window sticker to check the standard and optional equipment.

Quadra Drive II is listed under the optional equipment.

Along with the Customer Preferred Package 25H (needed to get the 5.7L Hemi). Trailer Tow IV, the leather seats and the Chrome wheels.

An option I didn't get was the 'appearance package' which included the fender flairs and the rear grab handles(I did add the grab handles later). I cite this in reference to another thread where the fender flairs were believed to be standard on a 2007.

Nice pics and nice Jeep btw. I enjoy my Commander immensely, 21,000 trouble free miles and counting!

·
Registered
208 Posts
An option I didn't get was the 'appearance package' which included the fender flairs and the rear grab handles(I did add the grab handles later). I cite this in reference to another thread where the fender flairs were believed to be standard on a 2007.
Word...

(A little slang from this side of the pond)

:SM127:

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discolover, if I have not said welcome, my apologies. Welcome.

You need your own "Garage" thread. If you send a PM to the nice MODERATOR, he might change the name of a current thread.

More on the MY GARAGE thread here.

I was looking at your sig and thought you have some interesting vehicles in your collection. Not to mention your name runs shivers of 80's down my spine!

If you look at my sig, the pictures are thumbnails. If you click on them, it goes to a larger pic. I did this by uploading the pics to pictures and albums in our forum.

Right click on the thumbnail and copy. Then paste it into you sig line, but be sure the formatting is on. (that is the A/A in the upper right of the message window). If you see a pic the formatting on on. If it is HTML, the formatting is off.

I have 2 jeepcommander.com decals left...if anyone wants one, PM me first. Since I typed all this into your post, you get 1st dibs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the welcome cico7! the discolover handle came about after joining my first online forum after we got our Land Rover DISCO. I then became a "discolover" on our Rover forum. I've just carried it around with me to every other forum. my memory is good, it's just short!

I will have to try that with the pics, your sig line looks cool.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts