Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put the daystar 2" on my commander and i was wondering what size i could run now and what size i could run if i added the 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers, also what brand tire does anyone recommend, thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
i just put the daystar 2" on my commander and i was wondering what size i could run now and what size i could run if i added the 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers, also what brand tire does anyone recommend, thanks
There are so many threads on this, everyone has a personal preference. There is no one tire or size that is really so much better than any other that it has a strong recommendation with the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Are you looking to get an all terrain or mud terrain tire???

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
your best bet is to contact Discount Tire and tell them what your needs are (on road/off road) as well as what specs you have on the vehicle. That will help to narrow down tire makes and models for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you looking to get an all terrain or mud terrain tire???
I want an aggressive looking tire without a ton of road noise. I could go either way.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bridgestone Revo 2's....dead quiet and some damn good off-road tread, but they don't look as immpressive as some
mine are 31.5" x 10" (255/70/17) with a 2" lift and no spacers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are so many threads on this, everyone has a personal preference. There is no one tire or size that is really so much better than any other that it has a strong recommendation with the forum.
i know there is no perefect tire or we would all already have them haha, but i was just looking for some good suggestions to see what everyone likes so i can get some ideas and move forward

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The perfect tire? Obviously it is what I have, Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. Yuk, yuk.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run Dayton Timberline A/T II's right now and I'm very happy with them. No more noise than the stock Fortera's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts