Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Given that there are many to choose from I just wanted to know why people choose the brand they do. Is it the marketing? Reputation? Price? I will always stick to Chevron or 76 in all my cars only because it is readily available in where I live. It is either that or Costco, but I've tried Costco brand gas and it seemed sluggish for my vehicles. Shell Nitrogen anyone? I dare not try...

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Get mine at Sam's Club because it is the cheapest. The Sam's Club here sells Mobile (I asked them what brand it is).

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I usually get my gas at Citgo or Quickcheck but I have noticed that most of the gas stations in my area get a delivery from the same tank truck that has no writing on it and a bright yellow cab. I think all the regular fuels are all the same at all my local stations and the only branded fuels are mid or high grade.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I go to AM/PM because it is one block from my house and is the cheapest.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I stick with Shell but many I think are the same. I've seen the same gas truck go to a Safeway gas station then a few miles down the road went to Shell. The Safeway gas was $.05 cheaper plus if you are a member you save an additional $.03!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I simply swing by Sam's Club or the nearby Kroger's; at times Chevron up the street will be lower as well. My friend and I tease how fast gas goes into our engines, and straight out, since both our vehicles average below 19mpg. So I run Regular 87 octane on my HEMI. Performance does not seem to be affected at all.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Given that there are many to choose from I just wanted to know why people choose the brand they do. Is it the marketing? Reputation? Price? I will always stick to Chevron or 76 in all my cars only because it is readily available in where I live. It is either that or Costco, but I've tried Costco brand gas and it seemed sluggish for my vehicles. Shell Nitrogen anyone? I dare not try...
I use Shell V-Power (93 octane) only on the BMW. At least I can get near 30mpg on the freeway...unlike the XK.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
whatever's cheapest

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I tend to stick to Shell and Cheveron because I notice my gas mileage tends to be a bit better then buying Costco, or grocery store gas. Besides its litterly only $1 or 2 more then the cheap gas per tank.

http://www.toptiergas.com/why.html

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
WaWa in the XK and Costco in my neon. They're both the cheapest for the grade in the area.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Speedway, because it it the closest. On the road Marathon, Shell, BP, or Mobil. I will use Costco if gas goes really high.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Costco 75% of the time. Arco any other time. They're all the same anyway except for additives. I'll give my Hemi XK a shot of Techroline (sp?) once in a while.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Good old BP :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Whatever station I'm closest to when the gauge hits half a tank unless it's Citgo. I wouldn't buy Citgo if it were .25 a gal. I refuse to support that whacko president and his hatred for the USA.
HT

1 - 20 of 43 Posts