Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Commander with a V6. I was wondering if it would be better for me to go with the 4" super lift or the 2" OME. I would only be using this jeep as a daily driver, and I also would like to put on 33's so would it be easier for me to go straight with the 4" lift.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Is it 4WD or 2WD?

If your not going off-road at all, and just using it as a daily driver, I don't know why you would even be considering a 4 inch Super-lift and putting 33 inch tires on a Commander with a 6 cylinder engine.

You will be taking an engine that is already power & torque challenged (210 HP & 235 ft/lbs of torque) and absolutely working it to death with all the added mass & weight of those tires. You'd probably be cutting the life-expectancy of that power-train in half - literally.

IMO a 2 inch lift with 265/70/R17's is MORE than enough for your rig.

With the added side-wall height of those tires you'd be sitting slightly more than 3 inches above factory ride height.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2010 Commander with a V6. I was wondering if it would be better for me to go with the 4" super lift or the 2" OME. I would only be using this jeep as a daily driver, and I also would like to put on 33's so would it be easier for me to go straight with the 4" lift.
Go with the 2" OME and 265/70/17s. That will give you a good lucking jeep, and a great ride. Change your Upper Control Arms while you are at it, or you will have to do it soon enough. :wink3:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Go with the 2" OME and 265/70/17s. That will give you a good lucking jeep, and a great ride. Change your Upper Control Arms while you are at it, or you will have to do it soon enough. :wink3:
If you have the extra money, sure you can do it - but it's not necessary.

I'll probably swap mine out next year - because I want to - not because I have to.

The stock UCA's can take alot more than people give them credit for.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
33's and a superlift is gonna be too much for that 6 cylinder I think.

I have 32's and 2.5" front and 2" rear lift, with a tune, and I would not go any higher personally. Unfortunately there are not many options for increasing power on that 6 cylinder, and gear swaps are not cheap. Just my 2c. Of course the lack of low range hurts even more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts