Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so with 37,000 miles on our forteras i will soon be in the market for some new tires. any suggestions? its a daily driver, 100% stock, no off-road. just want some good every day tires that are good in the rain and snow. stock size and not too expensive. long lasting is important too.

·
2,248 Posts
If you were in Phoenix, 49er has some stock tires that I bet he will not use now that he has bigger tires.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
If you were in Phoenix, 49er has some stock tires that I bet he will not use now that he has bigger tires.
I am considering running the stock tires on long distance road trips and the big tires for off road, still trying to make up my mind.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Try some Cooper ATR's. We put some on my wife's Expedition, they are really nice for the price, and have long wear tread, easy to balance. Did extremely well in eight inches of snow and ice.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well, I'm also at the same dilemma. I'm debating in buying 3 new Goodyear Fortera HLs and using my spare as a 'complete' new set OR a set of four of these General Grabber HTS tires. Has anyone ran these yet? They're ranked the best apparently on TireRack. Let me know what you decide btw.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same questions you did. I went up on my stock tire from 245/65/17 to 245/70/17. I spent a couple of weeks researching tires and asking questions from forum members. I ended up going with Firestone Destination LE's and I love 'em. Almost went with the Generals but too new enough time to get a good review (think they were introduced in late summer 2008)

We have had a ton of rain and some snow here in TN and these tires are wonderful.

The review on all 3 tires I seriously looked at are at the end of the post.

Check out the post on all the tire info.http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7404

·
Registered
807 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors are a great tire...
If you have to drive in snow, ice, wet pavement......
I would second the motion for GY Silent armors..

and if you found your self in the situation...they are good in mud too.

Mine have a 60, 000 mile warranty

·
Registered
953 Posts
if you have to drive in snow, ice, wet pavement......
I would second the motion for gy silent armors..

And if you found your self in the situation...they are good in mud too.

Mine have a 60, 000 mile warranty
+1........

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I highly recommend Bridgestone Dueler REVO's. Im sure they come in the stock size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts