Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been an audiophile, but decided when I bought my Commander I wouldn't add any subs or upgrade any components. It's been hard for me, and I might end up snapping and installing something simple. lol.

Who has subs installed, and what do you have? Pics? I have had the same 3xJL W6 10's for the last 8 or so years.. LOVE these subs, but its a LOT of bass, and uses a LOT of power. I'm thinking of doing something single sub, just for some punch. Was hoping that there were some of the "vehicle specific q-form" enclosures for our truck, but no such luck..

Anyway, post up!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Probably not what your looking for but I have a single 15 in my jeep. Pic is in the signature.

On a realistic note, thin mount subs and a custom box would be easy to do, even with the 3rd row up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great install Jeff.. I like, a lot. Definitely more than I want to do.. well, Do WANT, but want and needs are different, right? :)

No doubt that my 3 W6's would sound fantastic in the XK.. but just more than I want to get in to.. for now..

·
Registered
21 Posts
No more subs- but I'm itching for them as well. I had six JL10W6s in my other Jeep. Ran HiFonics amps. I need the space in my Commander though, and so I would love a JL stealth box, but I haven't seen one for the Commander. Maybe I'll build one.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
I install at least one of these subs weekly:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a rockford fosgate P3L-S12 sub that came came loaded in a truck style enclosure. It sounds pretty good good and delivers plenty of bass for me. Its pretty slim and fits great behind the third row seats when they're up and I have plenty of storage space when they're down. It has quick disconnect terminals and i have it mounted to the cover that goes over the jack so when i need to move something really large I can take it out in less than 5 seconds and put it right back in after without any hassle. It obviously isn't something that you would take to a competition, but it sure beats listening to a stock stereo system. I've got a couple of pictures in this thread. http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8435&highlight=amp+install

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, that's similar to what I need.. but box may need to be deeper for the W6..

Man..what to do..what to do..

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I had my explorer I had a ten inch JL sub with a mono amp, Boston Acoustics speakers and an Alpine deck which was unreal. When I go for upgraded sound, I do it more for power, and clarity of the music, I dont' go so much for other vehicles being able to hear mine. The JL blew out and I replaced it with a Rockford. When Circuit City was closing I bought an Alpine sub and amp to put into my next car (at the time was driving a Saab 900). I have the Commander now and still have the sub and amp but am debating how I will set this up. I still have the Alpine deck but dont want to get a new bezel for the dash and go through all of that work. I'm thinking that without a bass controller I can just lower the level on the amp and install the amp and sub with male/female connectors so when I"m hauling cargo I can just pop it out if need be. I miss not having them hooked up right now but at the same time the stock BA system is pretty nice :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts