1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Need more information.

·
Registered
577 Posts
yes. and ported heads. and headers. and computer flash.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, the proof is in the pudding so what ill do is start pasting some info here for you guys. i have been working more witht he lx platform lately. meaning, the chargers and magnums.

this would be the same cam that runs a 4350 pound lx 300 c to a 12.01 at 114.5 mph.

that was with heads and a cam plus exhaust ect.. but you get the idea.

its still the same 5.7 car motor you have along with the mds. which will still work with this cam. infact, it has been proven countless times to improve mileage by almost 3 mpg. results vary of course and now that i jinxed myself, ill shut up till i can get this info to you all.

steve

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks Steve, that would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone... Name is James (Could you tell?!). I would with GremlinSteve... I wanted to swing in and make sure all the information is available for the forum members...

With the 5.7L Hemi... You can run the Sidewinder camshaft and Econo Heads.

What is the Sidewinder?

The Famous Sidewinder cam is an aggressive cam that can be used with either your stock heads or modified heads and requires no computer tuning nor loss of MDS.

The Sidewinder is a nice cam for those that want an aggressive "cam only" swap for their 5.7. WE DO suggest at LEAST the 6.1L Valve springs and the 6.1L Pushrods whenever you upgrade your cam if you are not going to immediately upgrade milled heads. This will sqeeze more power from the engine and more importantly prevent valve float.

Frank Racing's "lowest level" is still more aggressive than a 260 but less aggressive than a 268.

The 114 lsa that Frank racing has chosen will keep overlap at a minimum and sound less choppy when compared to other cams. This less "chop" will also keep the PCM happier and keep the "misfire codes" out of play.

This cam has powered the fastest and quickest 5.7 hemi powered vehicles to date

If you want to go more aggressive, you will can do so... However you will need to send your Computer out to Dave @ B&G Performance to have it flashed for the new head & cam package...

Using the Econo heads will really wake up the Commander for performance as well...

What are Econo Heads?
Frank Racing Econo Port Heads - Made for those on a budget yet still want maximum performance
These heads feature a 3/4 port of the Intake runner with only minor clean-up of the Exhaust port. Our time is spent reworking the bowl and work to the short turn.

Air flow is increase using a port design learned from years of experiance. Frank Racing aims to allow these heads to be a true street performer and optimize low end torque.

The stock valves are used but with Frank Racing's 5 angle, comp valve job with matching seats.

These heads utilize a new spring, spring seats, guide is modified to use a teflon seal, and seals with the option of upgrade ferrera valves, bigger springs, and raised or lowered compression with combustion chamber work.

Combine the Econo Heads and the Sidewinder and you will see an increase of 50-60WHP!

Any Questions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
is there any reason for us also to stock "lift" equipment, racks, or any other things the COmmander FORUM members prefer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts