Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious if there is anyone on the forum who's spare wheel on their XK looks like this one. If so please post pictures if possible. Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well apperantly one of the guys on the JK-Forum decided he wanted to put these wheels on his Wrangler and mentioned that they are the stock spare wheel for the Jeep Commander. I had mentioned that I have an XK and that is not what my spare wheel looks like and that I have never seen a XK with that spare wheel. Also one of the JK members (who was a prior jeepcommander.com forum member) said that he had swapped out his chrome clad wheels from his XK with some Hulk wheels and the spare tire was infact that steel wheel picture above. So who all has this spare steel wheel?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought there was a thread about these spares being used in '07. Jeep5253 should be able to round it up.
I have an 07 and my spare doesnt look like that.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
From the various threads and posts I have read it would seem that there are some that have that wheel (or similar) for their spare. I remember reading it somewhere but for the most part it seems that most of us have matched spare wheels. I wish I could remember where I read that someone said they have a non matched spare.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
From the photo it looks like the hole on the far side is out of line. Is that true or just my imagination?

·
2,248 Posts
I have a non matching spare. It seems that several of us with 07 Limiteds got a 5 spoke base aluminum wheel that is spray painted black on the outside. It is not a steel wheel like the picture at the beginning of the post.

Here is what the spare looks like:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have a non matching spare. It seems that several of us with 07 Limiteds got a 5 spoke base aluminum wheel that is spray painted black on the outside. It is not a steel wheel like the picture at the beginning of the post.

Here is what the spare looks like:

This is what I have in my 07

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From the photo it looks like the hole on the far side is out of line. Is that true or just my imagination?
Its definately not your imagination. Maybe its like that for the valve stem. Im really not sure.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My spare looks like Huey's too

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My spare looks like Huey's too
Hmmm,
Now my spare matches my road wheels, and I believe we have the same series and year. 2007 SPORT 4.7 4X4 yadi yadi.
Maybe build date related, mine is a real late 07 (07/07)

I was discussing a wheel in my memory (5 spoke) with 5253 and I'm fairly certain this is what I was remembering.

Thank heavens.....alzheimers is always a concern at my age LOL.

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm,
Now my spare matches my road wheels, and I believe we have the same series and year. 2007 SPORT 4.7 4X4 yadi yadi.
Maybe build date related, mine is a real late 07 (07/07)

I was discussing a wheel in my memory (5 spoke) with 5253 and I'm fairly certain this is what I was remembering.

Thank heavens.....alzheimers is always a concern at my age LOL.

Rob
I guess I got ripped off then. My XK is also a 2007 SPORT 4.7 L 4X4. Im not sure on the build date but could find it out a little later today.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I guess I got ripped off then. My XK is also a 2007 SPORT 4.7 L 4X4. Im not sure on the build date but could find it out a little later today.
Well, my opinion, you have the better situation.

Corrosion concerns (yep, I'm anal) have caused me to leave the spare in the garage rather than have that wheel wrecked/ravaged by corrosion while hanging under the car.
Currently I motor about with fix a flat and a, you'll need to shave before that tire is filled, compressor.
Have not had a flat in over 40 years so I know the odds are stacking up against me. I'll probably have three on the same day when my turn comes up.

Regardless, since Jeep is replacing my four road wheels under warranty for the above reason, I'm giving serious consideration to buying 5 wheels and 4 winter specific tires for winter use (obviously)
I'll just put another Fortera on the fifth as a spare and not worry about that wheel getting torn up.

So, if you or anyone can come up with the part# for that black wheel so I don't have to annoy my parts connection with another goof ball request, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sure do have the part number. The guy on the JK-Forum took a picture of the part number on the wheel. Id post the picture but apperently photobucket is doing routine maintenance at the moment.

52124455AB

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your a God!
Thanks a bunch, time to get prices.

Rob
Look up one post above your last post for the price.

Also photobucket is up and running again!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts