1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Where was it spotted ?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Obviously someone who has beefed it up to use! I don't think NC gets that much snow to need that kind of ground clearance. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
One day I should shoot a video while driving into my neighborhood to my house...last week I counted no less than 7 XK's within two blocks of my house (though one of the neighbors has two commanders, two wranglers, and some serious old resto's - one a gp...only jeep in his driveway). I wonder if anyone on the forum is in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We'll be up near Asheville for Thanksgiving and may be into Greenville to see family around that time. My XK isn't nearly as butch but I recall seeing a lot of them up there last year.

On the snow front, you'd be surprised. We were in the mountains in Jonathan Creek/Maggie Valley two years ago, just prior to Christmas, and it dumped 16 inches on us in one night. That singular event convinced me to buy a 4WD Commander. We slide down the entire mountain in my wife's 2WD Pathfinder white knuckling it the entire way. The same weekend a local restaurant owner lost his life on an icy road.

I've yet to take mine in the snow but I've seen videos and I have a lot more confidence.

·
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just remember 4x4 go doesn't mean 4x4 stop :) These things stop no better then a similar sized SUV but having 4x4 means you can hit the gas and go where you want. Or you can look at it by having 4x4 you can go slower because your not worried about getting stuck which means you can stop quicker and having the right tires makes all the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts