Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I view a posting in a thread, towards the bottom of the page is an ad that is open without clicking on it and it covers controls. I have to click close on the ad to bring the controls to the top. Furthermore, the ad goes back to open again after awhile, again without clicking on it. Here's a screen shot:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Its flipping annoying... YO ADMINS TURN IT OFF!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
That would be really annoying. All the more reason to run FireFox with the Adblock add-on.
I've been using this (Firefox & AdBloc),for a few week now on my Apple....a vast improvement over my Windows based Laptop.....its the way forward!!!:)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
When I view a posting in a thread, towards the bottom of the page is an ad that is open without clicking on it and it covers controls. I have to click close on the ad to bring the controls to the top. Furthermore, the ad goes back to open again after awhile, again without clicking on it. Here's a screen shot:
The ad shows up on mine but does not block the controls.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
X2 for adblock! I had a similar issue on several web pages and the adblock has cleared it up. The speed is the same but it was always good.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I only get it when I run the mouse over the ad.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I dont have any problems with ad's :rofl:

Edit: Ok I lied. If I run the mouse over it like stated above then it becomes a problem.

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I've never seen that add pop up on me before - so it hasn't been an issue. I'm using Chrome with no additions right now.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I don't understand why the software writers let it flow over the controls. I double checked and it displays full open without a mouse over. I guess I'll get a new brrowser with ad blocker and get rid of their annoying ads.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, I just noticed the ad is back to Jeep Commander Official site and it does not overflow now. Hmm.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have the same issue with IE at work but not with Firefox on my laptop.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just one more reason to use Firefox and Adblock Plus. No ads WHATSOEVER.
I'm a supporter of Firefox as well, but for those who like to / need to use Internet Explorer, there is an ad blocking addin available called ie7pro:

http://www.ie7pro.com/ad-blocker.html

It has some other doo-dad functions as well, but I've used it on another computer running only IE7.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts