·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

the Diesel Engine is the only engine you can drive here in europe (germany) if you have no money-factory

we pay for one liter gasoline 1,38 Euro (1,75 USD)

I like V8 engine (the sound!!!) but I drive Diesel engine since 10 years and when I see the costs of gasoline I like Diesel very much

You will be inspired

·
Registered
13 Posts
the price for one liter diesel fuel in Germany is 1,10 EUR (1,39 USD) and I think, the 3.0 CRD needs round about 70% compared with the 5.7 HEMI

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, that isn't always the case here. The price of gas is way more volatile than that of diesel. Diesel fuel prices tend to rise and fall way slower than gas. It always also seems that as the price of diesel goes up...it never comes back down.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can rest assured that the diesel Commander will follow the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd know idea the petrol / diesel was so much cheaper in Europe.

We are paying around 97 pence per litre for Petrol and about 98 pence per litre for Diesel.
(1.46 Euros / 1.77 US Dollars)

which by my reckoning equates to
£4.41 per gallon (6.63 Euros / 8.04 US Dollars ouch !!)

In the UK we only have the choice of two engine types. The 3 litre CRD and the 5.7 HEMI.

• The 0-60 time of the two is 8.9 secs for the diesel and 7.4 secs for the petrol - either is pretty impressive for a lump of this size.
  • The petrol consumption is 13-14 mpg for the petrol and 21-24 for the diesel (almost double)
  • The Diesel gives a greater lb ft torque (376lbs Diesel - 369lbs Petrol)
  • Maximum speed: Diesel - 118mph / Petrol - 129mph (either way unless you are in Germany you'll get banned if you get caught !!
  • They both roar in a fairly satisfactory manner (okay the V8 sounds better)
  • CO2 emissions - 284g/km for diesel - 368g/km for petrol

This is only the second diesel that I've driven and listened too that doesn't clatter or smoke like diesels of yesteryear.

My only reservation on the diesel would be the smell when filling up, but then I suppose you just keep a box of disposable gloves in the glove box.

I went for the HEMI V8 as my mileage is now sub 10,000 miles per annum and that will be around extra £1100-1200 per year etc. on fuel.

Also to clear my concious a bit I've ordered 27 trees to be planted to offset all both the cars Carbon Dioxide emissions and the electric / gas consumption in the house. If your interested have a look at

http://www.carbonneutral.com/shop/results.asp?cat1=Driving

If I hadn't been given a deal on the HEMI and if my mileage had been any more then I would have for the first time ever gone for the diesel - it really is that good.

I've only had mine three days and have been totally wow'd

For reference I know that the petrol we have here in the UK is a higher RON rating so the figures might be a bit off for a US vehicle and I think that UK gallons are slightly different too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts