Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, of course, like most people driving a Jeep, I like the big tires, but, many years ago, even before I bought my first car, I fell in love with a jeep driving by me, it had some huge WIDE tires, they were tall, but mostly wide. I really love the look of a jeep from behind with the wide tires...
My question, very simple, how wide can I go on my 2010 commander?

How about different with front/rear?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
So, of course, like most people driving a Jeep, I like the big tires, but, many years ago, even before I bought my first car, I fell in love with a jeep driving by me, it had some huge WIDE tires, they were tall, but mostly wide. I really love the look of a jeep from behind with the wide tires...
My question, very simple, how wide can I go on my 2010 commander?

How about different with front/rear?
Depends on the wheels, and on the lift.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will purchase the wheels with the tires, whatever size I need. Haven't done the lift yet, Im between the RC 2" kit or the OME 2" kit, lining towards the OME 2" just because of the good reviews...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 2 inch lift and you will not be able to fit a tire much wider than a 265/70r17 without a good amount of modification to the fenders and/or the liners. Jeep just didn't design these things with that in mind. Keep us updated with the project, I'd love to see the outcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts