Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy guys, Does anybody know what's the biggest rim width you can run on a commander? This would be with either 22"s or 24"s. I currently have the stock 17"s with the km2's but I'm thinking of switchin the whole look of the truck. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Here is a 30X10:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
^^^

I'm sorry, but that looks horrible... :(

22" or 24" should be the max on a Commander IMHO...
I'm interested to know the answer to the OPs question.
Thought it looked like a Conestoga wagon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's hard to believe someone paid that kinda money for that look. I hope they like it, I think it's ridiculous.
What a waste of a Jeep.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So then I take it a 24x10 should be ok?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I think it would all depend on the backspacing of the wheel and the size tire you plan to put on the wheel. What do you have in mind and ill be able to help you out more.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It has locomotive wheels not my taste. Sorry!

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's hard to believe someone paid that kinda money for that look. I hope they like it, I think it's ridiculous.
What a waste of a Jeep.
I have to agree on this one. Jeeps aren't supposed to look like a chuckwagon. But hey, to each his own.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a little more info about the wheels that I'm looking at as far as size goes. 24x10 offset 18 backside 6 and of course 5-5 for lug pattern? Tire size i'm not too sure about just yet but i would imagie it would have to be something really low pro.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Looking to replace your wheels already?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah. I took the bfg's off for winter cause they suck in the snow but I'm not too sure I want to keep the whole set up. Think I might just make it a "city slicker" since I dont do too much muddin in it anyway. I'm probably going to try and sell the tires before I leave ak in Feb.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I hear ya, you could have them "siped" which would help. Well let me know what you plan on doing and selling, I might be interested if I got the extra cash at the time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a little more info about the wheels that I'm looking at as far as size goes. 24x10 offset 18 backside 6 and of course 5-5 for lug pattern? Tire size i'm not too sure about just yet but i would imagie it would have to be something really low pro.
never mind about the 24"s. I spoke to a sales guy from america racing and he informed me that this size 24" wheel would not fit. I'm just not too wheel savy when it comes to backspacing and offset and crap.

·
Registered
132 Posts
never mind about the 24"s. I spoke to a sales guy from america racing and he informed me that this size 24" wheel would not fit. I'm just not too wheel savy when it comes to backspacing and offset and crap.
You can fit a 24" wheel with the max size tire being 295/30/24 without rubbing but 275/30/24 is the max suggested. Here's a link a another member running 24"s. But 24"s do fit without any wheel well mods! So the sales guy is wrong!

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4749

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Also that Commander with 24's doesnt appear to be lifted and you are so if you find a wheel with the correct backspacing and bolt pattern you will be set!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I've got 20x9 on mine with no lift or spacers. Anything larger than that will look a little pimpish in my eyes!!! :)

But hey, who am I to say anything. Each to there own! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts