Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2006 Commander 4.7 has been great the last 5 years. Mainly a winter driver for my wife. She also uses it to pull a 14ft stock trailer for local horse and sheep shows. We have a much larger trailer for behind the truck for bigger events. Anyhow a Walmart parking lot pole jumped out and bit her last week. Usually something like this is not a good thing, but I've been wanting to set it up for some off roading here in Colorado on some nice summer days. Nothing major, but some weekend fun. So no time like the present now that it has officially been crisened! Other than all the repair parts needed, I've also ordered a Tactical Armor Wincher, Smittybilt XRC 8000 synthetic line, RC 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 spacers, General Grabber AT2's in 255/70/17, Black 3" round side Nerf Bars, and black emblems. I also have some of the nicer 2012 Grand Cherokee 5 spokes which I've had powdercoated black which I'm going to use. I'll post up more pics once I get all the parts in and get it up and going. I don't post here often, but lurk around. I've read through many posts to decide on what all parts to buy. So thought I should post up a thanks to all and progress as it happens for others. You know what they say, when you get lemons, make some lemonaide!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! Both her and my daughter were fine.
I think she was going under 15 as this was literaly right in front of the main doors of the store. But a very strong small concrete pole, luckily right dead center of the frame rails where there is not much support to stop anything. No airbag deployment, so that is good. Other parts I've had to get: fans, both mechanical and electrical with shroud, upper and main radiator core supports, radiator, a/c condensor, p/s cooler, hood, headlights, grille, other misc. Hey, also good time to repair the typical leaky tranny cooler lines. I did that last night and followed others leads here and just replaced the rubber hoses with new lines and clamps. Much easier to get to with all the front end torn apart.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Needlessly to say, with the Tactical Armor bumper, next time she will win this battle!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes i am sure the new bumper will help alot in a small impact if it ever happens again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Torn down, 2" lift installed, spacers installed. I have just about all the parts to put it back together other than the hood and Tactical Armor bumper. Getting there.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the hood and bumper would come in, it would be ready for the road. Hood probably another week and Tactical Armor is working on the Commander bumpers right now.

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
Good job !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally received the bumper after 13 weeks. It came out great and just how I wanted it. Ready to tame more Wal Mart parking lots! I also replaced all the emblems with black ones. Helped to complete the look I was wanting.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Now you need to get the rear bumper!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts