Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my wife had the commander 2 days after i lifted it...she was traveling through the local super market parking lot and struck a shopping cart with the rear quarter panel/ fender flare....

not too bad but the cart was painted red so i had a huge red gowge on the fender....naturally i was pissed but i went to walmart and picked up "NU-Finish" polish this stuff is amazing...it pulled the red paint off and buffed out the small scratches

NU-FINISH = BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
X2 on Nu-finish. I use it on the soft windows from my wife's TJ and CJ and it works wonders even on them.

·
Super Moderator
15,011 Posts

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Nothing against Nu-Finish...I'm sure it's good stuff. But just about any wax or polish will remov paint that it transferred on to your vehicle's paint by something like a shopping cart. A $3.00 can of old-school Turtle Wax probably would have worked just as well...

Another really good use for regular wax that some people don't realize is to use it for tar or bug removal. Try it next time you get a blob of road tar on your paint. Regular car wax will dissolve and remove the tar almost as quickly as a can of "Bug & Tar" remover.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nothing against Nu-Finish...I'm sure it's good stuff. But just about any wax or polish will remov paint that it transferred on to your vehicle's paint by something like a shopping cart. A $3.00 can of old-school Turtle Wax probably would have worked just as well...

Another really good use for regular wax that some people don't realize is to use it for tar or bug removal. Try it next time you get a blob of road tar on your paint. Regular car wax will dissolve and remove the tar almost as quickly as a can of "Bug & Tar" remover.
Try WD-40 to remove bugs and tar. It works very well and wont damage the paint. The primary ingredient is fish oil.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Try WD-40 to remove bugs and tar. It works very well and wont damage the paint. The primary ingredient is fish oil.
Yup, I've used WD-40 to remove tar also. But I prefer to use wax, mostly because it, well, doesn't remove the wax from the paint finish. But your point is well taken, as WD-40 is great for dissolving tar.

·
Registered
62 Posts
so my wife had the commander 2 days after i lifted it...she was traveling through the local super market parking lot and struck a shopping cart with the rear quarter panel/ fender flare....
Usually the shopping carts are attacking unsuspecting vehicles in parking lots.
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts